North Washington St. Bridge Lights

Skyline

Reaction score
Why for the last month are only 1/2 of the “decorative” colored lights on? Seems bush league. And is there any rationale to the changing colors? Seems like some lights are already burned out.

Why for the last month are only 1/2 of the “decorative” colored lights on? Seems bush league. And is there any rationale to the changing colors? Seems like some lights are already burned out.
It's not done yet? That's how I've taken it, anyway.

I've appreciated that they're like -- this is totally self-created fiction, I know -- "Well, it's not fully ready yet, but here: this is kinda cool, no?" I enjoy the (admittedly incomplete/weird) lighting vs. nothing.

I did notice that some of the lights were flickering, though, yeah. Although those seemed to be on the perimiter between the functioning and non-functioning lights parts of the bridge, so maybe that had something to do with it?

It's not done yet? That's how I've taken it, anyway.

I've appreciated that they're like -- this is totally self-created fiction, I know -- "Well, it's not fully ready yet, but here: this is kinda cool, no?" I enjoy the (admittedly incomplete/weird) lighting vs. nothing.

I did notice that some of the lights were flickering, though, yeah. Although those seemed to be on the perimiter between the functioning and non-functioning lights parts of the bridge, so maybe that had something to do with it?
I’m glad I’m not the only one who has found this interesting. It’s no wonder this project is taking so long as there are only about 4-6 workers on the job on a given day. They work a few hours and then seem to bang out early. I tend to think if a larger crew were brought in this thing can be wrapped up pretty quick.

most of the work is being done under the bridge right now, finishing up the structure by Converse
Construction Look-Ahead: August 18 through August 31
Scheduled Work

• Pier 1 West columns formwork, V-arm, and rebar
  • Architectural trellis installation
  • City Square sidewalk
  • City Square utilities road crossing
  • Steel touch-up painting
  • Marine fender installation
Work Hours
  • Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • Saturday from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
1724277207278.png

Any word on if theyre installing the fairing on the side of the bridge deck? Or is that not happening.

I know this is duplicative so I should ask in the main thread, but I feel like the vibe here is more on questions than over in there right now - anyone knows if the "pedestrian walkway bridge" that used to go under the old bridge is coming back? I remember in the main thread that renders include that it's coming back. But I haven't heard or seen any news on that front.

I know this is duplicative so I should ask in the main thread, but I feel like the vibe here is more on questions than over in there right now - anyone knows if the "pedestrian walkway bridge" that used to go under the old bridge is coming back? I remember in the main thread that renders include that it's coming back. But I haven't heard or seen any news on that front.
They are, but it will be pretty much the last thing to be built or reopened.

Quick source from the 11/14/23 presentation: https://www.mass.gov/doc/north-wash...blic-information-presentation-111423/download

"Lovejoy Walkway beneath the bridge structure will not be constructed or opened until the end of the
project in Fall 2024"

The other half is likely wired from the Boston side of the bridge and that section of the structure is not complete as there is a temporary road lane there.

8/31 From E Boston

Attachments

• IMG_5446.JPG
    IMG_5446.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5447.JPG
    IMG_5447.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 13

Back