NYC Architecture and Development

Another piece of hudson yards

“450 Eleventh Avenue Prepares To Go Vertical In Hudson Yards”
Link

457974e5-f946-41a0-835e-fe32fd5eaf22.jpg

We should be so lucky the final product will look anything like that.

I’ve been staring at the render for a minute, and can’t for the life of me figure out why that building would look nice. Imo, New Yorkers would be lucky if it gets VE’d.

The building has nowhere near that amount of open space near it. In the short term, it will be in full view from NJ, but in a couple of years it will be infill.

I’ve been staring at the render for a minute, and can’t for the life of me figure out why that building would look nice. Imo, New Yorkers would be lucky if it gets VE’d.

Rendering-of-1228-Madison-Illustration-by-Grain.jpg

“Robert A.M. Stern Architects Unveils Residential Tower At 1228 Madison Avenue, On The Upper East Side”

Link

Supertall Two Bridges Towers Awarded Major Victory Over NIMBYs In New York Appellate Court Decision
Tb-1.jpg

“The New York Appellate Court ruled in favor of a group of developers, including JDS Development Group, CIM Group, L+M Development Partners, and Starrett Corporation, to build four more towers along the Two Bridges waterfront on the Lower East Side....”

“The City Planning Commission approved modifications of the plan, which led to this court decision, which will permit the construction of four residential and mixed-use towers, ranging between 63 and 80 stories tall....”

Link

Don't get your hopes up for this. One Manhattan sits basically empty and they can't even get renters in there. With so many people moving out and others not moving in due to Covid, I don't see the others starting any time soon.

I found this written piece on Yahoo interesting.
U.S. Real Estate Pain Leaves Foreign Investors Holding the Bag

Patrick Clark
BloombergAugust 28, 2020

(Bloomberg) -- Foreign investors who backed real estate projects in return for U.S. visas are emerging as losers in the pandemic-driven commercial property crisis.

In Manhattan, Chinese investors who helped fund Related Cos.’ Hudson Yards have called for arbitration to pressure the developer into returning their money. On Long Island, a separate group assumed the lease to the Nassau Coliseum, after billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov’s Onexim Sports and Entertainment decided to walk away from the project.

The investors, who backed development deals through the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ EB-5 program, aren’t the only ones getting hammered by the Covid-19 pandemic, which has kept mall-goers, hotel guests and office workers home, pushing commercial-property owners into delinquency. But EB-5 investors, who cared more about coming to the U.S. than financial returns, have less leverage than most.

How can you go from the most expensive city 6 months ago to this?

New York City Faces Toughest Fiscal Crisis Since the 1970s
Alarmed by the steep budget shortfall, the governor has asserted greater control over the board overseeing city finances

New York City faces a $9 billion deficit over the next two years, high levels of unemployment and the prospect of laying off 22,000 government workers if new revenue or savings aren’t found in the coming weeks.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yo...ce-the-1970s-11598205600?mod=wsjtwittertest19

Expensive to live in ≠ a well balanced city budget

And it sure as fuck ain't going to get better-balanced if Cuomo is taking more control, since everything he touches becomes an even greater mound of stagnation and corruption gussied up for display in a TV green room.

NYC has a political problem, not a livability problem. Anyone who lived there in 1977 when there were real pants-shitting scary livability problems can call immediate BS on all these sky-is-falling "New Yawk is OVAH" media memes overproliferating today.

New York City is dead forever
By James Altucher
August 17, 2020 | 4:16pm | Updated

Very disturbing piece written in the NYPost.

I just don't understand how all this could collapsed in 5 months after 12 years of an epic bull market on Wall Street?

New York City is dead forever
By James Altucher
August 17, 2020 | 4:16pm | Updated

Very disturbing piece written in the NYPost.

I just don't understand how all this could collapsed in 5 months after 12 years of an epic bull market on Wall Street?

Dude...The Post.

Nevar jump because the fuckin' Post called a panic.:censored:

Back