Off-Topic Bblancha Stuff and Other Nonsense

Re: Fidelity's HQ may go high

This site has definitely become much more combative lately...whether it be trolling about building height, or arguing about the government, this site has taken a turn for the worse.

We've never really had this problem...but I feel like the mods need to get involved. This site should be about development only, with the occasional thread derailment related to The Simpsons, Seinfeld, or Arrested Development.

Let's clean it up.

Honestly, I know it's hard, but you just have to ignore the asinine comments and not give him a reaction. Trolls feed off public reaction/outrage. You're only fueling the fire by saying you're going to all-out give up and quit.

He's not adding anything to the discussion or posing any serious questions, so why even feel the need to take anything he says into serious consideration? It's just filler that can easily be scrolled past.

I'll post one last time to be more concise.

I don't think users of a moderated forum should have to ignore trolls. There shouldn't be any trolls: this isn't the comments section on the Herald. Its a community of people who want to have topical discussions, and it appears the community at large is frustrated by this banal continuum of one liners. Its frustrating to have the discussion interrupted for pages by this back and fourth of nonsense. Its not the same as some unpopular users, because they had something to say, abit unpopular. I went through bblancha's posts a while back and could not find a single thing that contributed to the conversation. This is the definition of pointless trolling, pure and simple. And IMO trolls should have no place in a moderated forum other then being under the ban list.

I used to post on vwvortex when I had my old car pretty frequently, and while it got pretty rowdy at times (apparently people who work on cars like to drink!!??!?!) the moderators were quick with the ban hammer when someone would join for the express purpose of contributing nothing but antagonistic commentary. They would at times go so far as to ban IP addresses if the issue got too out of hand. I don't want this to turn into the USSRailroad.net, but I feel that when the community at large is dissatisfied with the ranting of one user something should be done. If I'm the only one that feels this way it doesn't matter because I'm effectively banning myself. If others are also tired of it then perhaps I am justified. Either way, I am not feeding the troll by not feeding the forum any longer.

100% agree, and I personally apologize to the forum for engaging in the nonsense.

This site has definitely become much more combative lately...whether it be trolling about building height, or arguing about the government, this site has taken a turn for the worse.

We've never really had this problem...but I feel like the mods need to get involved. This site should be about development only, with the occasional thread derailment related to The Simpsons, Seinfeld, or Arrested Development.

Let's clean it up.

There is no moderation on this website. The members should not have to deal with bblancha. This situation is inexcusable.

I'm going on strike. I will not post on archboston again until bblancha has been banned, or at the very least starts posting something productive.

I'm amazed its only been a bit over a month, but a month is too long to read this same bullshit over and over and over again. I even blocked his posts for a while but then I just get to see pages of responses to his trolling, which is honestly worse.

This may be out of line, but I don't care. It's not funny anymore (and barely was to start with). The discussion was what kept me coming here, and when the majority of the discussion is the last few pages it is not worth my time or bandwith any longer.

Just add him to your ignore list. Why let him stop you from enjoying this site? I added him to my list after his fourth post!

The problem is he derails threads so the threads get filled up with responses to his nonsense. Ban him. Let's get some moderators on this site who actually care (not saying the current ones don't either, just let's get some more)

Just add him to your ignore list. Why let him stop you from enjoying this site? I added him to my list after his fourth post!

Oh snap I forgot that exists!

I don't think banning ever works - they just come back under another name to see if they can get banned again. "Don't feed the trolls" does ultimately work, but more in theory than in practice.

What we need is for a bunch more trusted members to be given some (not all) mod permissions including, most importantly, the ability to split tangential posts out of a thread and into a new one. This is the single most important tool that a forum has to stop trolls from derailing a subject. Trolls stop coming if every disturbance they create ends up mothballed in a General thread.

So, what do you say mods - can we give some trusted members this ability with the aim of quicker response to thread derailment?

(Or, we can track his IP, find his actual address, and leave dog poo on his porch)

I don't think banning ever works - they just come back under another name to see if they can get banned again. "Don't feed the trolls" does ultimately work, but more in theory than in practice.

What we need is for a bunch more trusted members to be given some (not all) mod permissions including, most importantly, the ability to split tangential posts out of a thread and into a new one. This is the single most important tool that a forum has to stop trolls from derailing a subject. Trolls stop coming if every disturbance they create ends up mothballed in a General thread.

So, what do you say mods - can we give some trusted members this ability with the aim of quicker response to thread derailment?

(Or, we can track his IP, find his actual address, and leave dog poo on his t porch)

Just telling people to put the guy on Ignore doesn't work. Others will post responses to him. Others who are not on Ignore.

I'm a mod on a football fan website. Our Admin uses something called Global Ignore which is quite effective. It basically renders the troll an invisible ghost. No one sees the trolls posts and he has no idea. The troll thinks nothing is amiss (amazing how the troll doesn't notice that no one responds to his attempts) and therefore doesn't reregister under a different name.

Best part is the problem is dealt with cleanly and respects the serious members of the forum. Any site that respects its members would not allow a situation like bblancha to run amok this long.

This board is moderated, but we focus on keeping spammers and bots away. We don't try to judge the worth of each and every post, keeping those we think are good and removing those we think are not.

Bblancha's posts can be annoying, but it's really the dozens of responders whining about his posts that are derailing the threads. I think it's pretty simple: If you find someone's posts annoying, ignore them. DO NOT RESPOND. If you feel absolutely compelled to vent your frustration to the person, PM them.

Re: Residences at Kensington

this ........ is ....... not ...... a .......tower

The 4 of you need to get out more.

could have been a sexy sleek tower but people like you have no standards.

Back