Omni Hotel @ BCEC | Summer St | Seaport

Agreed they are Moxy equivalent rooms for single convention goers just needing a bed.
Makes the tower proportions on the outside nicer and was a design solution to fit on that end of the parcel (is what I was told during a tour).

Stayed at the Omni this past Thursday to attend a graduation. Some thoughts:
  1. It was reasonably priced ($350/night for two beds) given the quality of the hotel and the number of graduations.
  2. A friend from Paris thought Coquette's pastries were better than home - high praise.
  3. I was embarrassed when we took a walk at 11pm to find empty streets and bars closing. Granted it was a Thursday, but I feel the lack of housing in the area will relegate Seaport to an office focused/weekend destination neighborhood. Maybe some of the existing apartments still need to fully lease though.
  4. Despite wanting a late night cold one and being with a group that loves to walk, I avoided traveling the wasteland between Seaport and Southie past BCEC. If this area can build up with adequate retail and be a pleasant pedestrian experience, Seaport won't seem so isolated. Would love to bar hop from Southie to the water one day before I get too old for those activities.

1. It was reasonably priced ($350/night for two beds) given the quality of the hotel and the number of graduations.
  2. A friend from Paris thought Coquette's pastries were better than home - high praise.
  3. I was embarrassed when we took a walk at 11pm to find empty streets and bars closing. Granted it was a Thursday, but I feel the lack of housing in the area will relegate Seaport to an office focused/weekend destination neighborhood. Maybe some of the existing apartments still need to fully lease though.
  4. Despite wanting a late night cold one and being with a group that loves to walk, I avoided traveling the wasteland between Seaport and Southie past BCEC. If this area can build up with adequate retail and be a pleasant pedestrian experience, Seaport won't seem so isolated. Would love to bar hop from Southie to the water one day before I get too old for those activities.

Yes, my friend, the people who shell out top dollar to live in the Seaport are tripping over themselves to draw bars to the area so the Vineyard Vines 20something set can piss on sidewalks and bark at uber drivers at 2am. Someday you'll be old enough to appreciate a quiet place to live, but until then I sure hope you can manage a continuous pub crawl from Broadway to Necco Court.

Yes, my friend, the people who shell out top dollar to live in the Seaport are tripping over themselves to draw bars to the area so the Vineyard Vines 20something set can piss on sidewalks and bark at uber drivers at 2am. Someday you'll be old enough to appreciate a quiet place to live, but until then I sure hope you can manage a continuous pub crawl from Broadway to Necco Court.

LOL - lack of nuance much? Very little in life is all or nothing, bro

I don't even drink, so I'm not a big fan of noisy drunks roaming the streets. However, the Seaport could have a number of high-end bars to support a night life scene, hopefully some of the bars having live music and entertainment. This won't turn the Seaport into another seedy Combat Zone, but it would attract more residential development and make the area vibrant and interesting at night.

I was embarrassed when we took a walk at 11pm to find empty streets and bars closing. Granted it was a Thursday, but I feel the lack of housing in the area will relegate Seaport to an office focused/weekend destination neighborhood. Maybe some of the existing apartments still need to fully lease though.

They're a bit out of the way, but Lord Hobo is open until 2am most nights of the week I think.

sounds like you'd prefer living in concord or western mass or something. boston's a city. cities have bars and entertainment options and some folks stay out late. "someday you'll be old enough blah blah" - what sanctimonious horseshit.

Last edited:
02E25B15-52D4-412F-9E72-5597BF9DBB37.jpeg
13301218-E5E8-4C4C-97A1-7DE5D99D0E80.jpeg

Scorpion Bar, Lolita, Tony C's, Temazcal, etc. all open until 2am every night!

@DZH22 - I stayed there a little over a year ago and yes, it is massive. It feels like the Copley Weston or Marriott, or even a Vegas hotel.

Back