One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

Wow, theyre moving fast. Awesome! The whole city is full steam ahead right now its crazy.

Maybe those with experience in construction can explain this:

Why, when this building has several functioning interior elevators, are they still putting up the temporary ones on the exterior? Ease of access from the site?

Why, when this building has several functioning interior elevators, are they still putting up the temporary ones on the exterior? Ease of access from the site?

This building is to remain occupied during construction.

Another reason is because once the current garage is demo'd an 18 story addition will replace it. This addition will consist of a 5 story automated garage and 13 story office floor plate addition.

How does this work with the building's occupancy? Are they moving people around? Can't imagine the whole building is empty

According to the building website it looks like most of the tower is vacant. The floors that are shaded blue are the vacant ones.

JLL_MRK_OPOS_Stack.jpg

Heres a new 1

One-Post-Office-Square-Vertical-e1569875426867-670x1024.jpg

“Slated to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2021, the new One Post Office Square will also include three stories of retail space along Pearl Street, including multiple dining options, from quick bites to gourmet meals”
Link

Look up 3 posts above yours I just posted that info last night... under the render.

Look up 3 posts above yours I just posted that info last night... under the render.
just for completeness
Slated to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2021, the new One Post Office Square will also include three stories of retail space along Pearl Street, including multiple dining options, from quick bites to gourmet meals

Has there been a similar in scale recladding project as this one anywhere in the city in the last 20-30 years? I can't think of any Boston skyscraper that has been reskinned in my lifetime but I am probably missing some.

Back