Oxford Office Bldg. | 125 Lincoln St | Leather District

I like the base, Im not a fan of the top.

However, everything is white. In and around it. Would prefer the brown/first iteration.. but this isnt terrible. It went from a 7/10 to a 5/10.

My personal favorite was the very first iteration - the black one which also had better proportions

2c53cf520af3578c3336c47a076b3537.jpg

No doubt the design took a step back but the quality of the materials looks better now. I know renderings can be deceiving but there's Curved Glass® instead of the segmented panels shown in the previous option.

4 hours since Equilibria posted the revised renderings... complaints about the degraded aesthetics, complaints about the purposefulness (or lack thereof) of the BCDC. Lots of complaints.

No one has noticed that the designer inserted what is clearly His Papiness, David Ortiz, in the bottom left-corner of p. 14, sauntering along through the Lincoln/Beach intersection with his characteristic charm and swagger.

Where are your priorities, ABers?

And is this not the greatest easter egg insert in the history of BPDA submissions? If not, then what is?

Totally agree that the BCDC needs to bite the dust or its powers need to be strictly limited to dealing with pedestrian/street level issues.

Incredible! Every iteration is worse than the one that came before it!

The design of the facade can go a number of ways--personally, I prefer a clean, contemporary design to the weird psudo-historic base they had in the second version. The first version was rewarmed Causeway Street, the site deserves better than that.

Supplemental filing. The street level and podium look quite good, but they've now obliterated whatever presence the upper portion could have had (it's not a huge loss, but this massing is embarrassingly banal). A clear net win becauase of the lower floors, though.

1635945148985.png

I wish we could go back to the very first render. This new massing isn't just banal, it makes it look hideously stumpy. I swear this somehow manages to get worse with every iteration.

The one on the left was muuuch better, this one is bland on bland from the tower down to the base. Go back!
16347EDC-1B08-4BF5-AAFF-317B99FAFC5F.jpeg

Supplemental filing. The street level and podium look quite good, but they've now obliterated whatever presence the upper portion could have had (it's not a huge loss, but this massing is embarrassingly banal). A clear net win becauase of the lower floors, though.

View attachment 18424
That plane contrail is unfortunate. "Sorry, Jimmy, you're just not tall enough to ride this one."

The rounded edges on this building are catatonic. The whole thing is architectural anesthesia.

By the way, it’s even worse than we can see from those renders. THAT angle is it’s narrowest. Move 90 de GE res and you can see how far back it stretches. This thing is actually far dumpier than we are seeing there.

It's way too small and the wrong use for its specific location. It belongs in Fort Point, not right next to South Station. It's also another building that's way too wide for its own good. Should be a 600' residential here.

It's right for the neighborhood. Maybe a few more stories would be my preference. It's got nice weight on the bottom to fit with the masonry of the Leather District.

Back