Parcel 12 | Massachusetts Avenue at Boylston Street | Back Bay

Czervik.Construction

Reaction score
That garage on the north side, facing the Pike is a terrible eyesore. Also, I noticed a Room & Board on MA Ave. If you guys ever make it to Minneapolis, I recommend checking out the Room&Board outlet. It is a spectacular event.

stick n move

Reaction score
Should make taking that right onto the pike much smoother now that cars turn right at the corner vs before where they had to go past one street then take a right which was always a shit show for all cars, pedestrians, bikers involved. I wonder if cars will now be able to go right on red vs before where they had to wait or if theyll put in a no right on red sign or arrow.

BeeLine

Staff member
Reaction score

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6767 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
Why is such a short merge length allowed at this new onramp, but not at the onramp at the south portal of Ted Williams Tunnel that we wish the Silver Line busses could use? I'm not complaining about this new onramp, but am wondering why the same criterion can't be applied to the other one.

393b40

Reaction score
Why is such a short merge length allowed at this new onramp, but not at the onramp at the south portal of Ted Williams Tunnel that we wish the Silver Line busses could use? I'm not complaining about this new onramp, but am wondering why the same criterion can't be applied to the other one.
Because the State Police are a bunch of assholes

stick n move

Reaction score
Looks like the onramp goes almost all the way to the bridge now. Thats twice as long as before.

Scalziand

Reaction score
Isn't the Pike going to have to go back to 4 lanes at some point? That's gong to shorten it up again.

stick n move

Reaction score
Yea but the 4th lane is blocked with cones now so in practice theres going to be no difference. There will be cars there instead of cones and it will function the same.