Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

Driving under the other night.
IMG_4379.JPG
IMG_4380.JPG
IMG_4384.JPG

We really should not be taking or posting photos from the driver’s side of a moving car.
Unless it was edited to zoom in closer and the member posting was in the backseat on an Über and snapped it then.

Flight 11 or Flight 175. They were both crashed into the World Trade Center's twin towers. :eek:

Great picture but you can also see how it's really messing up some of the iconic Back Bay views from the west. As I like to say it's the price of progress. It's too bad this one wasn't built.

View attachment 26647
As it was reaching its full height, friends of my parents complained about how 1 Dalton was “ruining” the “classic” (or iconic; take your pick) Back Bay skyline. Ironically some of those same people told me when I was a kid how “everyone” (other than them, of course) hated the JHT when it first went up and how *it* was ruining the skyline.

I don’t think anyone outside of local architecture fetishists consider these views from the west to be “iconic,” anyway.

I agree that earlier proposal would have been more impressive.

As it was reaching its full height, friends of my parents complained about how 1 Dalton was “ruining” the “classic” (or iconic; take your pick) Back Bay skyline. Ironically some of those same people told me when I was a kid how “everyone” (other than them, of course) hated the JHT when it first went up and how *it* was ruining the skyline.

I don’t think anyone outside of local architecture fetishists consider these views from the west to be “iconic,” anyway.

I agree that earlier proposal would have been more impressive.

The only true iconic Boston sklyine. We've been ruining it for 300 years.

1658765723615.png

Seems like they might top out well before the Labor Day holiday.

Back