Pawtucket-Central Falls MBTA Commuter Rail Station | Pine and Barton Streets | Pawtucket

I went by the Pawtucket MBTA Commuter Rail Station yesterday near noon and took a look at the new parking section which was opened just last week. It appears that nearly all the spaces are coming close to being full. I estimated that there were only about 20-30 unused spaces at the time I was there. The new total lot capacity is now at some 470 spaces so that would mean that there were near some 450 cars. This would seem to indicate that the station is attracting far more than the 400 boardings a day that it had in its initial months as many also arrive there on foot and by bus.

The additional new parking (270 more spaces)
Pawtucket Station-New Parking.jpg

Last edited:
The new residential complex that will be across from the station in the former Pawtucket Manufacturing Company mill at the corner of Barton and Pine Streets is taking form. It is a two phase project that includes a renovation of existing space and new construction. When both phases are complete, the total project will have approximately 182 housing units and 153 parking spaces.
View attachment 47044
258 pine st?
258pinestreet.jpg

I thought that was proposed not that long ago, if its already under construction thats awesome.

258 pine st?
258pinestreet.jpg

I thought that was proposed not that long ago, if its already under construction thats awesome.
My recent photo was of a different development (both renovation of existing space and new construction) to the west of the tracks at #327 Pine Street at its corner with Barton Street. The photo above is of entirely new construction project at the corner of Pine and Waverly on the eastern side of the tracks. There are no shovels in the ground yet for this project which is on the site of a former factory that was demolished after a fire.

Last edited:
Oh ok gotcha. I tried finding some images of what 327 pine is going to look like but cant really find much about it. It’s hard to find much information about current and planned developments in the city overall.

Oh ok gotcha. I tried finding some images of what 327 pine is going to look like but cant really find much about it. It’s hard to find much information about current and planned developments in the city overall.

Yea totally agree! I looked with no success. From what I’ve seen in person 327 looks quality, at least so far.

I found a Dexter St render (https://www.dexterstreetcommons.com/) which is another largeish one in the vicinity of these two Pine St projects being discussed. Curious how this will turn out as well.

I too have not found renderings or much else about the 327 Pine Street Project. This project at the corner of Pine and Barton Streets involves two phases that include a renovation of existing space and new construction. When both phases are complete, the total project will have approximately 182 housing units and 153 parking spaces. The site was once the home to the Pawtucket Manufacturing Company,

This Feb-2023 photo looking south down Pine Street toward Barton shows the first phase renovation of existing space
1706537982498.png

This January-2024 photo is from the other perspective looking north from Barton down Pine. This shows the phase two new construction on the site of the open space that had construction vehicles in the 2023 photo
Barton-Pine.jpg

Yea totally agree! I looked with no success. From what I’ve seen in person 327 looks quality, at least so far.

I found a Dexter St render (https://www.dexterstreetcommons.com/) which is another largeish one in the vicinity of these two Pine St projects being discussed. Curious how this will turn out as well.

After some initial demolition work, everything stopped on the Dexter Commons project. I have seen little evidence at the site or in the news that leads me to believe this project is actually progressing. I fear the onset of Covid, lower commuter rail numbers with WFH, and higher construction/borrowing costs may have either very much delayed it or killed it all together.

Last edited:

After some initial demolition work, everything stopped on the Dexter Commons project. I have seen little evidence at the site or in the news that leads me to believe this project is actually progressing. I fear the onset of Covid, lower commuter rail numbers with WFH, and higher construction/borrowing costs may have either very much delayed it or killed it all together.

There was an update today in the Valley Breeze on the Dexter Commons project. The project is not yet completely dead as developers are asking for another extension.

1708528718936.png

Last edited:
Dexter Street rendering looks great! I wish we had some of this over in Everett. Dexter Street seems thoughtfully designed with some architectural character and varied facade.

There was an update today in the Valley breeze on the Dexter Street project. The project is not yet dead as developers are asking for another extension.

With a general consensus that interest rates should start trending downward in the near future, I think we'll see a lot of "approved" projects take their time to get going. Developers will want to hold off on securing financing if they think rates are going to be friendlier in 5 or 6 months.

Both 258 pine and dexter street are great looking projects. Besides the station it seems like next to nothing has changed in pawtucket or been built in decades so just even seeing a few new buildings go up I feel would send a message that theyre open for development.

Back