Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be incorrect but I do not think it is that theater. Looking at the exterior images on ms live earth, it looks too small to be this and also, the curvature along the side windows is absent on the outside.

Wow, I guess it really WAS worth signing up here if you guessed where that was from an interior shot. I was gonna be all secretive and stuff but since you guys guessed it on the first try...

The curvature is just an artifact of the pano....it's a 180 degree pano so its pretty distorted.

There's some more shots on my site. This is one...

http://www.desolatemetropolis.com/dm/archives/2007/11/behold.html

Thanks for the compliment on the transamerica pyramid. :) Had to shoot it even though it's been done to death. Glad someone liked. :D

EDIT: Here's the old thread...

http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=1433&highlight=Alphonsus+Hall

...its funny because I know the person who took those shots. At the time, though, I didn't feel comfortable asking her where it was. I spent about an hour in google earth using the 3d buildings feature to try and triangluate a position, then went out and drove around til I found it.

Spired

IMG_9014.jpg

Beautiful shot, Briv.

Should we be surprised that the design of the power plant at this Institution better reflects its mission, culture, and location than many other recent construction projects?

Should we be surprised that the design of the power plant at this Institution better reflects its mission, culture, and location than many other recent construction projects?

My thoughts exactly.

I know I've been posting a lot these lately. I just got a new camera.

bpl_sarg.jpg

endus, those pics in the abondonment section on your website look STRAIGHT out of a horror movie. That's some creepy stuff I'm not gonna lie.

Ghosts of DTX-mas past...

143521785-M-1.jpg

Last edited:
Very very nice. We haven't seen a lot of pictures of the city in a while, with all this snow no one has gone out to get pictures and post em. Thank you for this!

739147186_aa3dda9508_b.jpg

More Info :

470 Atlantic Ave / Independence Wharf
For a bird's eye view of the Fort Point Channel, head to the 14th floor observation deck at 470 Atlantic Ave. From there you'll be able to see Logan Airport, the Harbor Islands, including Deer Island -- site of the Boston Harbor treatment plant -- and the Blue Hills Reservation. Binoculars and benches are available on the exterior observation deck. There is also an interior viewing area adjacent to the 14th floor observation deck which is also open to the public. Although there is still debate about where exactly the Boston Tea Party occurred, review of historical Boston maps and accounts of the event indicate that the location may have been at Griffin's Wharf, adjacent to Independence Wharf. For more information on the history of the site, there is an excellent video presentation in the lobby at 470 Atlantic Ave. Restrooms for the general public are available on the ground floor. As of 22 March 2007, visitors can enjoy an uninterrupted walk along this segment of the HarborWalk, thanks to the newly opened connection between the InterContinental Hotel and Independence Wharf.

If you are in the area I highly recommend going in and taking a walk around the Observation deck some stunning views.

I'm surprised that the interior part of that 14th floor hasn't been rented out to someone by now! Only the exterior part is mandated to be open to the public, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back