Photo test post

statler

Reaction score
Ok, my photo host kinda sucks. I can't figure out how to resize a pano without making it square. Right now my only option is to post it in the orginal size which is huge.
Can any tell me if this photo load ok into thier browser of if it takes forever, like I assume it will. Also keep in mind the actual post (if I ever get around to it) will have dozens of these photos.

4a299f6b6fe086800e73b946cf6a78e5-.jpg

the photo is huge and takes forever to load, even on my office's internet connection.

Damn. I was afraid of that. I'll keep working on a solution.

Thanks Ron.

Statler --

one: that is a cool picture

two: it took about 5 seconds for that to load on my computer (using high-speed connection).

three: you could always post the resized square shots and then provide a link to the originals

four: if you didnt want to do that, just use microsoft paint (if you have windows). open any photo you want in PAINT, then hit the "image" button at the top (directly to the right of "view"). it will say "stretch/skew. select that. then change the horizontal and vertical width/length to something smaller than "100" which it is set to as default. say if you wanted to shrink it to half its original size, you would change both fields from 100 to 50, and if you wanted to change it to one quarter its size, it would be 25 for both fields, and on and on to whatever you wanted. have you tried this?

Thanks Patrick. I think I figured it out. The picture should be much smaller now. I don't think I lost any information from the original.
Anybody think this is still too big? I can make smaller.

your welcome. it loads immediately now on my browser. I also noticed that if it takes too long to individually resize all of them, you could just post a link to your album. good luck, can't wait to see them all.

Patrick said:
your welcome. it loads immediately now on my browser. I also noticed that if it takes too long to individually resize all of them, you could just post a link to your album. good luck, can't wait to see them all.
Well, you probably won't see *all* of them. At least not right away. There are, I think, 111 of them. I just need to find the time to build the post. I thought about just linking the album but I want to add some text.

BTW, do you know where that is? 8)

it smells of Europe. Prague? I am not real familiar with non u.s. cities.

Patrick said:
it smells of Europe. Prague? I am not real familiar with non u.s. cities.
Wow. I am impressed. First shot! :D

haha that was a lucky guess. More than one of my friends have either just returned from there or have plans to study there in the future, meaning I have seen several photographs of the city over the past few months. Other than that I would have been in the dark. Can't wait to see more.

I was in Prague back in 2001. Enchanting place. Some of the best preserved architecture I have ever seen. Prague was lucky enough to elude siege during World War II, as Bohemia was ceded to Germany during the appeasement. Other Baroque capitals such as Dresden were not so lucky.

Some pics I took:

praguesky.jpg

praguecastle.jpg

praguesquare.jpg

praguestreet.jpg

This last one I didn't take, but its a great pic.

charlesbridge.jpg

statler said:
LeTaureau said:
I was in Prague back in 2001.
Huh, that's when I went. It was in April.
Nice pics BTW!

I was there in February, just missed you.. it was cold and snowy. Nice trip all in all, though my passport got stolen. There is still some sketchiness in Eastern Europe.

One of the only major European cities that I've never been to. Hmm I think maybe I'm missing a lot

Back