Portland International Jetport | PWM

IMG_5409.jpeg

Bonus shot for our animal lovers from last week, even the stanchions are tacky looking! :)

Last edited:
Absolutely embarrassing....even the trees look like 80% off after Christmas specials from Mardens. Good grief.

This would be an opportunity for the maine state museum to properly open an exhibit and showcase the state... can we suggest this to Paul?

We can, does anyone know who put this current stuffed menagerie together? I have a feeling that arriving travelers probably enjoy it and find it charming in a Maine sort of way which means it's probably not going anywhere. So how can the airport and owners of the exhibit improve it visually might just be the solution. I'm an urban dude so arranging wildlife scenes in an airport is not my forte and this may be a project for the folks at L.L. Bean to get behind and sponsor and would be a great marketing opportunity!

Last edited:
I didn't even think to look when I was in there 2 weeks ago; what's in the space where the first floor Shipyard used to be? Also, did anyone here go to the public meeting on the 11th?

We can, does anyone know who put this current stuffed menagerie together? I have a feeling that arriving travelers probably enjoy it and find it charming in a Maine sort of way which means it's probably not going anywhere. So how can the airport and owners of the exhibit improve it visually might just be the solution. I'm an urban dude so arranging wildlife scenes in an airport is not my forte and this may be a project for the folks at L.L. Bean to get behind and sponsor and would be a great marketing opportunity!
Likely someone with a self proclaimed sense of design. They do McMansions as well.

This is simply embarrassing.

My bags taking over 40 minutes to get from the plane to my hands the other night is a bigger embarrassment. I hope whatever upgrades they plan to the baggage claim help them process bags faster with the one or two people they have on hand to handle baggage for evening and night arrivals.

Breeze now has 10 destinations listed from the Jetport , they just added HPN(Westchester) seasonal. Its Elite Airways all over again. All we need is Vero Beach.

Breeze now has 10 destinations listed from the Jetport , they just added HPN(Westchester) seasonal. Its Elite Airways all over again. All we need is Vero Beach.
Looks like 2x weekly on Thursdays and Sundays.
I'll be honest I can't see that route doing too well. ISP has been one of the lowest load-factor routes for Breeze out of Portland (it was below 60% last year) and with AA resuming LGA there's already A LOT of lift to the NY market.

Last edited:
Looks like 2x weekly on Thursdays and Sundays.
I'll be honest I can't see that route doing too well. ISP has been one of the lowest load-factor routes for Breeze out of Portland (it was below 60% last year) and with AA resuming LGA there's already A LOT of lift to the NY market.
ISP and White Plains are very different places.

I've flown into Westchester in a Bell 407 helicopter rideshare (I'm not that rich but had the chance, so why not). It's close to the train headed down into Manhattan. No worse of a trip than JFK. LGA is the best though. 15-20 min with the midtown tunnel. ISP would be for the The Hamptons only. Jerry Seinfeld and Billy Joel live there.

Last edited:

Back