preservation

I hope they can do something in Allston, but those buildings seem to be under the vise grip of Jack Young Co.

See some designs from davem at:

https://davidmaerz.wordpress.com/2014/03/10/i-have-a-new-muse/

and below:

Just dumped onto google earth imagery, but anyone familiar with Allston should know this building, across from Pizzeria Regina. I've just started shopping around a redevelopment proposal, so I thought I'd share...

15338992916_dafa80f591_b.jpg

15338992846_c8c56825a1_b.jpg

15338992806_0200062b0d_b.jpg

That last picture... the building on the right is screaming for an entrance at the front/corner.

I hope they can do something in Allston, but those buildings seem to be under the vise grip of Jack Young Co.

See some designs from davem at:

https://davidmaerz.wordpress.com/2014/03/10/i-have-a-new-muse/

and below:

I've always wondered what is in that building across from Pizzeria Regina. Such a beautiful building but it's been boarded up for as long as I can remember. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks its some sort of high tech government back office with super secret access into it, but I'm sure its actual use is much more benign, if anything. But if it is empty, what a waste.

I've been in there. Not empty, used daily as a warehouse by 30-somethibg employees. They still use and maintain the two original McLaughen Co. wooden elevators in the former Allston Hall building. Also still existing is the original ticket booth, dressing rooms, and back office offices. It's all filled with boxes of auto parts, and the former hall space has a metal mezzanene added, but all-in-all its pretty much the way it was in 1890.

Somewhat related. Has any work begin on restoring and using the Olmstead-designed? Speedway stables at Western Ave. and Soldiers Field Rd?

It's in the works. Likely pulling permits, etc. I know the final concept is still being worked out too.

In short, things are happening.

I've been in there. Not empty, used daily as a warehouse by 30-somethibg employees. They still use and maintain the two original McLaughen Co. wooden elevators in the former Allston Hall building. Also still existing is the original ticket booth, dressing rooms, and back office offices. It's all filled with boxes of auto parts, and the former hall space has a metal mezzanene added, but all-in-all its pretty much the way it was in 1890.

Are those elevators something that someone like DieselDucy or georgef551 might be interested in making Youtube videos of if there aren't already Youtube videos of those elevators?

Back