Proposal: Follow up Jersey Shore with a reality show on Massholes

It isn't really that bad even in Jersey. There really isn't the same level of ethnic division now as there may have been in the 50s or 60s, or what you see in Europe. And class divisions aren't really that bad either.

If you want bad, class and ethnic stereotypes, try this on for size:

"Citizen Calls For Gassing of His Own Underclass"

Why are you making strange irrelevant presumptive generalizations?

Why are you posting links to right wing hatred?

And have you never actually read the comments tab of the NY Daily News?

1) I think we missed out on a character:

Ayla Brown: 20-something basketball player, ex-American Idol finalist, #1 Dad-supporter. She's a small-town girl with a heart of gold. Her interests are music (natch), ponies, and politics. And, "she's available".

...but you can say the other one's name "Arianner"

Wonder how that guy can stand to live in Central Square. Then again, I'm sure getting barked at by some drunk/high throng of homeless shiftlessly hanging out in front of the Wendy's has turned more than a few people conservative.

Speaking of which:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...22/liberal_bastions_lament_as_the_blue_fades/

In the days since the unthinkable happened, diehard Democrats have been forced to confront results that suggest Massachusetts votes much the way rest of the country does - blue on the edges with a big red swath in the middle. They have grappled with the possibility that the Commonwealth, until this week viewed by the much of the country as an outpost of extreme liberalism, may not be all that. And that has left them blue - in the other meaning of the word - over Martha Coakley?s defeat.

There is no better place to sense that mood than Amherst and Cambridge, two outposts of extreme liberalism in Massachusetts. They share a self-effacing nickname - ?The People?s Republic.?? They share (along with Provincetown) the distinction of being the most pro-Coakley communities, having handed her 84 percent of the vote. And they share the shock.

What is up with the commenters in the Globe? Have they always been wingnut heavy or is this just residual election interest among these people?

^^It's been like that since they had comments. I think they see it as a 'setting up in enemy camp' type of situation.

BB,
I agree that "Network" is a classic. As the movie "Hard Day's Night" was once a blue print for every kid who wanted to start a band, "Network" was a founding document of modern hate radio.
Toby

1) I think we missed out on a character:

Ayla Brown: 20-something basketball player, ex-American Idol finalist, #1 Dad-supporter. She's a small-town girl with a heart of gold. Her interests are music (natch), ponies, and politics. And, "she's available".

I may or may not know Ayla Brown, and I were drunk-posting, I might be baited into saying something but I don't want Scott to go King Philips on my ass.

Instead I'll just say:

The Indian movies on AZN are good when you are wasted.

yer the effing man.

You come from all over - Gloucester, Worcester, South End, Charlestown, Chicopee and South Swansea. You share a love for muscle cahs, hair products and little necks on the frickin half shell. You don't take sh*t from nobody - least of all each othah. You are the hottest girls and proudly buff guys from Massa -freakin-chusettes who believe in God, Family, The Red Sox and partying!!

Uhh....

Reminds me of a friend who was moving to town with her brother from the midwest... he went ahead to find an apartment. She, having done the research, told him about the South End as an attractive neighborhood. South End, South Boston, same thing, right? They now have a lovely apartment off West Broadway. Oops.

Anyway, it isn't as if nobody in the South End likes muscle cahs and hair products.

I could show about 1,000,000 of these "masshole" meatheads in the Fall River/ New Bedford area. Jersey Shore Wannabes. I'm hoping the pilot doesn't get picked up. It would be an embarrassment.

Back