Prudential of the Day

The top 3 floors are undergoing a major renovation to greatly improve the obs deck & make it a state-of-the-art experience. :)

I think it was around 1986 when I was 10 when I fully realized the Pru and immediately thought it was awesome. Still do. There is nothing like it.

I've always thought it would look better like this — especially since One Dalton moved in next door — or maybe with a very shallow pyramid on top.
(Please excuse the awful image . MS Paint is all I've got)

uFjfVoJ.jpg

Right now it rises in a crisp orderly grid and then it looks like there was a train wreck on the roof.

Hmmm...Looking at my masterpiece makes me think the Pru might have influenced the look of the new Verizon tower. Hadn't really noticed that before.

Stop by Comm Ave sometime soon for a never-seen-before and never-to-be-seen-again viewing angle of the Pru:

View attachment 23498
Just saw this when the thread got bumped; is this that ridiculous frat house-to-condo project at 262 Comm Ave that has been stalled since pre-pandemic times? The building to the east/left seems to match (hard to tell tho, they had put the scaffold back into plastic last time I was by, roughly about a month ago).

Just saw this when the thread got bumped; is this that ridiculous frat house-to-condo project at 262 Comm Ave that has been stalled since pre-pandemic times? The building to the east/left seems to match (hard to tell tho, they had put the scaffold back into plastic last time I was by, roughly about a month ago).

Not familiar with the project, but the address you mentioned does match where I was standing

Back