Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

IMG_20220706_174822299_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220706_174829417_HDR.jpg

Has this thing topped out already?

I believe it briefly was topped out, as the steel framing for the crown was previously installed (as seen in this post). However the pieces of framing were removed shortly afterward for an unknown reason, so it is no longer topped out.

I wonder what happened with the crown and when the framing will be installed again.

Last edited:
The fact that it appears theyre cladding around the roof mech structure with that silvery material is probably a bad sign. Usually that stuff is left as is when hidden behind a mech screen/glass. I dont think they would clad that part unless it was going to be exposed. I hope thats not the case.

The fact that it appears theyre cladding around the roof mech structure with that silvery material is probably a bad sign. Usually that stuff is left as is when hidden behind a mech screen/glass. I dont think they would clad that part unless it was going to be exposed. I hope thats not the case.

That was what I was thinking...

I’m not so sure. There are a lot of reasons why that cladding could be there. If any portion of that roof space is accessible to to the public, you may need sound attenuation for mechanical equipment.

The glazed crown has been at the center of Raffles’s marketing campaign from the jump. Their website still shows it with the crown. The steel and the glass would have been submitted and approved quite a while ago, and we know that it exists because we saw some of it. I would bet that there were fitup or dimensional problems that need addressing before construction can resume.

Y'all need to calma. Just google image search "Raffles Boston" and you see the roof slopes at an angle like MT and you don't see that visible part that is being cladded now.

you're right. b/c previous renders always match the final result (i'm looking at you, MT "roof") and nothing ever gets VE'd during construction.

you're right. b/c previous renders always match the final result (i'm looking at you, MT "roof") and nothing ever gets VE'd during construction.
I've never heard of something being value engineered away after it's already been fabricated.

I've never heard of something being value engineered away after it's already been fabricated.
really? i went to do the "lmgtfy" thing and it's just too voluminous. anyway, i hope the screen comes up, too.

Back