Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

No way no how, believe they’re still out trying to buy money. A 2022 delivery would mean a start by year end can’t see that happening.

I have zero insider information, but my naivety would like to trust that Warshaw's spin (about wrapping up financing, rather than still standing at the gates), can be believed:

"The development partnership announced the Raffles news more than a year ago. In a Wednesday interview with Bisnow, Warshaw said the relative quiet ever since isn’t a sign of a stalled deal or that Boston is hitting its luxury limit. Plans have been revised since Raffles came onto the project, and the development partnership is wrapping up financing. The hotel is on schedule to open in late 2021 or early 2022, Warshaw said."

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/boston/news/...99437?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

I can’t stand the word naïveté. Why use a French word when there’s an English one already (that for some reason is almost never seen or used), and, moreover, it’s not even a unique word form, but a common adjectival-noun suffix with an English form for literally all other similar words? Thank you.

So an unused render of winthrop sq was posted in the 40 trinity thread relating to the project next door... How has this been getting bumped for more than a day Ive seen people bitch about on topic bumps that werent “enough” news lol.

I can’t stand the word naïveté.....
You have the right to be offended, be can't standing shit, etc.
Congrats on possessing this unalienable right given to you by the Almighty and US Constitution.
Why use....
Under normal circumstances, a fellow comrade might be heard to utter, "please excuse his thought crimes. He was being naughty," thinking it's only informal chat and not a legal document, etc.... But, you've communicated your desire that he not to commit this category of misdeeds, crimes, the Logan act, or what have you--and he, and such other peasants may be copacetic to comply.

On the other hand, he may be sensitive to acts of social injustice by an (over-active left-leaning circular firing squad) against his First Amendment rights given to him by the Almighty Himself. Now i can see you're feeling safe. Hell you might even be a college professor yourself.

So an unused render of winthrop sq was posted in the 40 trinity thread relating to the project next door... How has this been getting bumped for more than a day Ive seen people bitch about on topic bumps that werent “enough” news lol.

I can't speak to FK4's unnecessary decision to share his unsolicited views regarding a stranger's word choice (on a forum dedicated to architecture and urban development; glad they take delight in mocking/lecturing a first-generation college grad's word choice), but the Biznow article that Southender88 recently posted is from June 13, and it does feature an update about 40 Trinity (one that directly addresses the silence of the past few months).

Last edited:
I can’t stand the word naïveté. Why use a French word when there’s an English one already (that for some reason is almost never seen or used), and, moreover, it’s not even a unique word form, but a common adjectival-noun suffix with an English form for literally all other similar words? Thank you.

Weirdly reactionary take here. Where do you suppose the English word came from? Funnily enough, with the exception of the French Academy who would surely agree with you, mainstream linguistics is entirely descriptivist and got out of the diction policing business ages ago.

Because the "English" word is literally a word adopted from French in relatively recent history with an anglicized spelling. It's not a word that existed in earlier forms of English.

We for the increased amount of units, I wonder if they ended up going for a different branding?

^^Not terrible. Not great.
Two hundred and ninety three total units are going in.

Ok going to eat my words earlier this week - have it on authority that all systems are go, groundbreaking is being scheduled for mid-July. Roughly 600 units all in between hotel rooms and condos plus sizable street front retail lined up.

Well that's fantastic news! You haven't posted a ton, but when you have it's been very informative...thank you for that!

Latest renders / info for institutional investor eyes only bro... sure it will be out soon. Raffles is still the flag no need to fret

Since you are someone that is on the 'inside' (or are at least in the industry), does that mean you have gotten eyes on the new renders? If so, should we expect any major changes?

Are there any renders of this that also show the Back Bay garage towers? It seems like they will be extremely close to each other.

Latest renders / info for institutional investor eyes only bro... sure it will be out soon. Raffles is still the flag no need to fret

There's zero chance they keep any of the facade of the existing building, is there? It's not a killer loss from a preservation standpoint, and this project will be a net win for the area/city, but I hate seeing stuff like this go knowing we're not building it anymore.

P. 9 on this thread and here too:

https://www.architecturalteam.com/projects/40-trinity-place/

1_40-Trinity_970x500.jpg

Funny that tat are the architects and "tat" is British slang for low quality. These guys also designed the Kensington and the Metropolitan towers downtown.

This render above, and others of the base and interior are very nice looking. The glass is sharp, clean and reflective. I'd love to see a new render of the entire tower with that same aesthetic, because the wide-shot that is provided is not flattering. I don't know if that's how the tower is actually intended to look, or if its just a bad, flat render. I hope the one above is more representative than that wide-shot.

Steve Adams of B&T has construction starting "this summer".

Per Steve Adams on Twitter v.i.a. a filing in the Suffolk Dees office, the developers closed on a $314 million construction loan today. Construction to start in September. Suffolk is the builder.

Hell yes I hope this is true. Tremont crossing was supposed to break ground last month too though and sst was supposed to get going in april so well see. Its going to be great to fill in the gap around the hancock though with this, hancock garage towers, and hopefully copley can transfer/sell their air rights to the stacked tower across the street at hancock garage and get a redesign.

Back