Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

Raffles Hotel is a GO! The $314 million project has been financed by Madison Realty Capital of New York.

Only sevens years from announcement to start of construction and probably ten by the time it's all wrapped up.

The Raffles Paris is a crazy hotel, so sumptuously overdone it actually works, and the service is amazing. Eager to see this project start.

This is going to be a big win and positive addition to Back Bay

FWIW, I did see a Raffles ad in the Amex Departures magazine, with "coming soon...Boston" at the bottom. So, I will believe the hype.

Great render- I think this says 446 I saw somewhere? Looks short from that particular angle- think this is going to be way more impact when viewed from the other side of BB.

Also get some sleep.

More from the bcdc.

Stuart st is really coming into its own now.

I didn't really like it at first, but this angle is certainly interesting.

It will only be momentary before the blocks of the BackBay/SouthEnd gateway project block that view.

I think that's the old version of the tower, isn't it? The newer version of the tower doesn't have the elongated balconies:

1_40-Trinity_970x500.jpg

I like how this plays with the Hancock from every angle, and it fills that gap well. With this and the Back Bay redevelopment, I think I can say that the loss of the Copley Tower is no biggie.

With this and the Back Bay redevelopment, I think I can say that the loss of the Copley Tower is no biggie.

Blasphemy!!!

From a skyline perspective, these are all basically on par with a Westin or Marriott, as opposed to Copley which would have topped the 111 Huntington and Parcel 15 level. These are just more fat blocks for the lower level plateau jumble of Back Bay. Not to mention, from many angles these lower quality fatties are going to crowd out solid views of the Hancock. Copley wouldn't have done that due to much better proportions.

Also, that gap where Copley would have gone is still going to be there, even after all these other developments!

Plus, Copley was pretty much the tower I was most looking forward to out of all the proposals. Nothing so far can replace that, certainly not this and certainly not the underwhelming proposal at the Back Bay garage!

Agreed copley is a huge piece of the skyline that will always be missing if not built.

Back