Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

The articles I read never mentioned the height of the tower and was pleasantly surprised to see that the below link shows it at 446'. Nice! Of course, it will be in the shadow of 200 Clarendon Street

I kept thinking this was going to be hidden by the Hancock from most angles but as I'm seeing this more clearly with the crane, it actually will be very visible and help fill that void between this and the Pru. Now if we could get Copley tower built and something sizeable on the lots around Club Cafe or better yet, combine it with a Pike air rights parcel linking up the South End, that would be amazing! But I dream...

From those angles, yes. I would agree. During the past couple weeks, they have poured concrete for each floor. They began pouring the top existing floor today. Within the next week or so, it should continue to move vertical with the concrete superstructure.

Am I wrong or does it look like it hasn't moved much over that past week or so?
Yes, looks like this is where it transitions from steel to concrete:

1623521040984.png

For anybody who has the time, this project is currently really accessible to view from the side entrance(garage) of Back Bay Station. You end up being pretty close to eye level regarding the change from steel to concrete. Fascinating little lesson on construction technique. Its worth a little detour if your interested.

IMG_9681 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9656 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9652 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9608 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9607 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9617 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9618 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9620 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9624 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Crane should be jumping this coming week.
IMG_9625 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9646 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9643 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9640 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Back