Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

From the website bookings are live starting September 15th. Looking for a nice long weekend in Boston in late September? Fri-Mon 9/22-25 will run you about $1,100 a night. Better be nice!

1694004903375.png

I bet it will be packed, too.

Preferably, I would come around Christmas, after they have worked out the new hotel team, new hotel operations, new building, etc. kinks.

From the website bookings are live starting September 15th. Looking for a nice long weekend in Boston in late September? Fri-Mon 9/22-25 will run you about $1,100 a night. Better be nice!

I was curious so I checked the cheapest rate for some other luxury hotels for the same dates:

Four Seasons (Public Garden) - $912/night
Four Seasons (Dalton) - $730/night
Ritz - $718/night
Mandarin - $795/night
XV Beacon - $745/night

I know it is the new kid on the block, but the Raffles better be REALLY nice at about $400 more per night than the Dalton Four Seasons and Ritz and $300 more than the Mandarin. Curious to see if the Raffles prices stick long term.

$1,100 per night close to peak season is actually not too bad a price when considering the features of the property, and who you will be hanging out next to. Last summer in Portland, Maine I was looking for a weekend hotel room during July and the downtown Holiday Inn rate was at $1,050 per night. Yes, supply and demand, and this new Raffles will, or during a notable convention next summer, perhaps shoot up to $2,000 per night. That's not hard to predict. Maybe even more. And if NYC mayor Eric Adams migrant apocalypse prediction comes to fruition, the rich there will make their way up to Boston (or Portland, Maine, of which has seen numerous super yacht visits now).

I was looking for a weekend hotel room during July and the downtown Holiday Inn rate was at $1,050 per night

You were likely looking for a room in Portland during one of the overnight camps visiting day weekends when thousands of parents come for the weekend to visit their kids at overnight camps in the area. I have seen rooms that go over $100 normally go for $800 that weekend and those are not even in downtown Portland but rather closer to the airport. Those few days are easily the most expensive days of the year in Maine for hotels.

Does anyone have a night shot of this tower where you can see exactly where the bar/lounge is?

I got to check out Raffles last night thru a friend in the travel industry. Nice finishes through out. Lots of ceramic tile floors, not porcelain, plush carpets and high end wall coverings (not vinyl). I believe real wood veneer on all paneling as well! There is plenty of staff available. Two valet and a greeter /receptionist at the door in full regalia/ coats and hats and another person at the lobby desk; and this wasn't reception! I took a couple photos of the room ( a butler was assigned to the room) and checked out the Long Bar on the 17th floor. Our table at the Long Bar looked over the east/ southeast, so downtown/ south station to Columbia point. Very nice. They poured a great Singapore Sling.
View from room and Long Bar
IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3883.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3846.JPG
    IMG_3846.JPG
    960.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3842.JPG
    IMG_3842.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3869.JPG
    IMG_3869.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3868.JPG
    IMG_3868.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3863.JPG
    IMG_3863.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3856.JPG
    IMG_3856.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3853.JPG
    IMG_3853.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3837.JPG
    IMG_3837.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3825.JPG
    IMG_3825.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3844.JPG
    IMG_3844.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3849.JPG
    IMG_3849.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Father and son. I'm really seeing the homage the architect paid to Cobb/Pei, without taking away from the Hancock.

Homage? It’s a background caliber blue glass nothingburger that neither reflects nor contributes to its surroundings in any meaningful way. It’s better than what was there before and it’s going to pay a shedload in property tax revenue but that’s about all that can really be said of it.

Back