Religion

Meadowhawk

Reaction score
I don't consider Scientology a religion, but rather something like astrology, or sociology, or philosophy. Belief in Scientology certainly hasn't hurt the bank accounts of Tom Cruise or John Travolta that's for sure, but I still think of someone as wierd if they tell me they are into Scientology. That said, I don't care what they believe in as long as they restore the Alexandra Hotel building.

Re: Alexandra Hotel

I don't consider Scientology a religion, but rather something like astrology, or sociology, or philosophy. Belief in Scientology certainly hasn't hurt the bank accounts of Tom Cruise or John Travolta that's for sure, but I still think of someone as wierd if they tell me they are into Scientology. That said, I don't care what they believe in as long as they restore the Alexandra Hotel building.

How is Scientology any stranger than other religions? Which of their myths make less sense than your myths?

Real religions don't require their members to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for access to their 'myths'.

How is Scientology any stranger than other religions? Which of their myths make less sense than your myths?

The fact that L. Ron Hubbard blatantly came out and said he wanted to make a religion for fame/profit.

I don't consider Scientology a religion, but rather something like astrology, or sociology, or philosophy.

Lumping Scientology and astrology in there with sociology and philosophy is quite insulting to those scholars. You're equating a cult and a pseudo-science to legitimate fields of study.

Toby! We need a dtx project to get going to see the dog's hardhat photo tour

Back