Last edited:
Re: Brighton Marine Apartment Building

Yeah sure, why not.

Mods, please mark this thread as "under construction"

Infinite Jest

^ This is going to cripple the booming DFW tourism industry.

Concrete forms are up to the 2nd level now. This one is starting to move quickly.

Since it hasn't been posted:

Comm%20Ave%20Rendering.jpeg

This could be the exact same mockup for at least two dozen other projects right now. Are these being designed by actual architects or boilerplate archibots?

No disagreement with your observation, but in fairness, this project is largely in support of a non-profit. I can live with it here, especially since the overall design seems pretty inoffensive.

That said, the luxury units next door at 1501 Comm. (The Lancaster) have pretty much the same facade, so that bugs me much more.

That's an impressive 2+5 massing honestly. Would do great with a classical detailing but then I saw the renders. Still this has gotta be one of the few 7-stories with wood construction. How many others are there in Boston?

That's an impressive 2+5 massing honestly. Would do great with a classical detailing but then I saw the renders. Still this has gotta be one of the few 7-stories with wood construction. How many others are there in Boston?

Agreed. They did a nice job with the geometry. The angled bump-outs are a nice homage to the nearby historic Comm ave block-wide apartment houses, but the asymmetry gives it a contemporary flair. I agree I wish plans called for some more extensive detailing, but I sense the limited brickwork will look nice.

The code changed recently to allow 5 over 2, right? So I think we are going to be seeing a lot more like this.

Back