Residential Tower | 41 Lagrange Street | Chinatown

Ah, I see--good clarification.

I don't doubt this is a significant transportation issue in its own right; however, when you're talking about Washington St. overall from Stuart/Kneeland north to DTX, the issues involving theater crowds at the West/Ave de Lafayette corner, and the Silver Line buses frequently causing jam-ups at Temple Pl. as they get L-hooked at the turn, idling, compounded with the fact the of pedestrian zone (starting at Temple Pl. intersection) being, well, still stuck in its 1979 regulatory environment, seems to be of radically greater import than this.

[Oh, and that Tremont St., paralleling the whole time one block away, is still preposterously over-wide like some kind of half-assed drag-strip, and all the unpleasantness that leads to.]

The plan was for a protected bike lane on the left and a red dedicated bus lane on the right that would extend to Ave de Lafayette.

As a heads up, the project is UC, since about november 2020. Wondering if there's any trace of a website. Couldn't find any so far.

Has this broken ground yet?

Walked by today and wondered the same. It’s a resounding NO. The Parker is looking very much near-complete and it looks like people have started to move in. Nothing here though.

Anyone have any updates on this project?

Completely forgot about this one for a while, nice. For a second I thought it was that tower across from the steam plant, that ones been in the works a long time too.
Any renders for this?

1701799177362.png

Thanks, I'm lazy so I don't like to open links and prefer to see everything inline within the thread. So I'm reposting it here. While definitely not inspiring, looks decent enough.

View attachment 45290

Thanks, I'm lazy so I don't like to open links and prefer to see everything inline within the thread. So I'm reposting it here. While definitely not inspiring, looks decent enough.
As a reminder as we critique this development, this is the Planning Office for Urban Affairs heavily affordable development, expansion to St. Francis House. (So don't expect luxury finishes.)

1701799622841.png

Back