Re: The Ridge (former Dirigo Plaza), Westbrook, ME
I went to the meeting tonight, and here are my takeaways:
* The building shown down next to the water in the quarry won't exist; the presenter said that the architect got carried away with that one. No word on the lighthouse.
* For tenants from the earlier marketing materials, Starbucks is still in, Margarita's is out, and they're talking with folks from Chick-Fil-A this week. Chick-Fil-A is actually their number 1 most requested tenant.
* They're going to be going before the Planning Board at their second meeting in August with a revision to the site plan. Phase 1 will be Market Basket, turned around to face Main St. with big parking lot in front and a couple of outbuildings, and later phases (the cool part) will all be behind that. I believe that they'll talk about the conceptual buildout of the site as part of that presentation. There was a fairly detailed layout for the site that they showed, but the only handouts were text about their "10 Principles," etc.
* They talked a lot about tying into the Portland Trails network, working with Metro, maybe even down the road using the railroad for transit.
* Their list of inspirations for the project includes The Grove in Hollywood (right next to CBS Television City and often seen on TV) and most particularly Avalon in Alpharetta, Ga.