Roxbury Infill and Small Developments

I wouldnt go as far as to say this, I lived in the South End and Andrew Square and I would see/still see junkies every single day of my life for the last 10 years
I live nearby and walk through there multiple times a week...

I was looking at NC in the area and just happened upon 16 Taber. Man, that is sooo close to Mass & Cass. At 500k it would be over 3 grand a month... bit of a gamble that the City/State will ever clean it up.
It's a 15 minute walk for a person who isn't a junkie, it's a world away from the folks who hang out at Mass and Cass.

I live nearby and walk through there multiple times a week...
There's cops parked at cass and washington with their lights on to keep the homeless from camping out. Thats two blocks from 16 taber. We can both sort of be right, I get the junkies dont tend to infiltrate Nubian sq as much but to act like theyre not around doesnt seem right

Last edited:
There's cops parked at cass and washington with their lights on to keep the homeless from camping out. Thats two blocks from 16 taber. We can both sort of be right, I get the junkies dont tend to infiltrate Nubian sq as much but to act like theyre not around doesnt seem right
Yeah, Nubian is its own set of problems. Completely agreed. They're just different ones, if similar at times.

Construction Update: Northampton Street Residences​

1720597032800.jpeg

“Framing is complete for the Northampton Street Residences, being developed on a former parking lot at 597-599 Columbus Avenue. The project will create 47 new homes for first-time, moderate-income homebuyers. The five-story building will include 16 studio homes, 19 one-bedroom homes, seven two-bedroom homes, and five three-bedroom homes….”

https://www.bldup.com/posts/construction-update-northampton-street-residences

1720597130315.jpeg

Construction Update: Northampton Street Residences​

View attachment 52521

“Framing is complete for the Northampton Street Residences, being developed on a former parking lot at 597-599 Columbus Avenue. The project will create 47 new homes for first-time, moderate-income homebuyers. The five-story building will include 16 studio homes, 19 one-bedroom homes, seven two-bedroom homes, and five three-bedroom homes….”

https://www.bldup.com/posts/construction-update-northampton-street-residences

View attachment 52522

How on earth does Bldup write THIS?: ".........being developed on a former parking lot at 597-599 Columbus Avenue....." That parking lot has zero interface with Columbus Avenue. It's at a right angle 1/2 block behind Newcastle Court, which itself fronts Columbus Ave. The site is 390 Northampton Street.

How on earth does Bldup write THIS?: ".........being developed on a former parking lot at 597-599 Columbus Avenue....." That parking lot has zero interface with Columbus Avenue. It's at a right angle 1/2 block behind Newcastle Court, which itself fronts Columbus Ave. The site is 390 Northampton Street.

The parcel was subdivided out of 597-599 Columbus in 2020, and a lot of sources still (incorrectly) use the Columbus address for the site. Even the BPDA's own webpage for the project still lists it as being at 597-599 Columbus Ave.

EDIT: Speaking of which...7/14:

Last edited:

Back