Saugus Developments

stick n move

Superstar
Reaction score
Searched and theres no development thread for saugus.

Anyways

Lecesse Breaks Ground on 245-Unit Multifamily Development in Boston Suburbs

“LeCesse Development Corp. said it has begun construction on its second multifamily project in the Boston area, a 245-unit complex called NOBO at 860 Broadway off U.S. Route 1 in Saugus..”

https://www.costar.com/article/2614...nit-multifamily-development-in-boston-suburbs

Reactions: FK4
I don't get the appeal of living on route one. In fact can't think of a less appealing place to live in the area
I dont think locations like this or the "Everett Triangle" have a lot of "pull factor." (Not yet) Its mostly out of control "push factor" of insane prices. And also out of town buyers might feel more comfortable in a modern development even if location considered "uncool" to locals.

“LeCesse Development Corp. recently broke ground on its latest multifamily project, NOBO, located just off U.S. Route 1.

The apartment community will feature 245 units, with one- and two-bedroom options, as well as a one-bedroom with a den option. Units will be situated in three four-story, elevator-serviced buildings…”
LeCess-Saugas.png
https://bostonrealestatetimes.com/l...scale-apartment-community-in-suburban-boston/

People in Saugus complain about Route 1 traffic literally all the time, but then only permit development that is sure to make it worse. Like there is no alternative to driving at these locations. Not to work, eat, go out, etc. I guess they could walk to Fuddruckers...

I don't get the appeal of living on route one. In fact can't think of a less appealing place to live in the area
Cheaper, may grow, lots of people drive places and like driving, lots of people want new housing. Agree it's not ideal, but there's clearly a market.

Cheaper, may grow, lots of people drive places and like driving, lots of people want new housing. Agree it's not ideal, but there's clearly a market.
Personally, I prefer somewhere to take walks that isn't the side of a highway with people driving 80mph. Just a personal preference.

1. I love the palm trees. My favorite thing in Boston-area renders are tropical plants. Followed by cars in the render that aren't sold in the US (i.e., Peugeot, Citroen, etc.) and very active open spaces with people everywhere that will be windswept desolation upon completion.

2. Saugus and Rt. 1 not being desirable. We may think of this as a wasteland from the past (myself included). We also thought that not long ago about Everett, Malden, and way back when I was little, Watertown, Somerville and most Cambridge. I think there is so much demand for moderately priced house in metro areas, that this and 5 more like it in the area will do just fine and fill up.

2. Saugus and Rt. 1 not being desirable. We may think of this as a wasteland from the past (myself included). We also thought that not long ago about Everett, Malden, and way back when I was little, Watertown, Somerville and most Cambridge. I think there is so much demand for moderately priced house in metro areas, that this and 5 more like it in the area will do just fine and fill up.
Those places had amazing bones for the most part.

I can’t think of a more poorly designed part of the state. People turning off into narrow parking after going 60+ and almost getting rear ended and then to get back out having to launch like a rocket ship to merge.

Throw in the drinking establishments along the route and you can assume a number of your fellow drivers are blitzed. I was at Kowloon the other night and they literally had a cop stand at the front door to make sure no body was riding away visibly intoxicated. Imagine local police having to preemptively come to your establishment each night.

All this to say, whenever a friend from Texas, AZ, etc. gets homesick I take them to Route 1.

I dont think locations like this or the "Everett Triangle" have a lot of "pull factor." (Not yet) Its mostly out of control "push factor" of insane prices. And also out of town buyers might feel more comfortable in a modern development even if location considered "uncool" to locals.
This is pretty far back off of Route 1. I agree its not a great location, but its not like you can see drivers racing by out of your windows.

Those places had amazing bones for the most part.

I can’t think of a more poorly designed part of the state. People turning off into narrow parking after going 60+ and almost getting rear ended and then to get back out having to launch like a rocket ship to merge. Is

Throw in the drinking establishments along the route and you can assume a number of your fellow drivers are blitzed. I was at Kowloon the other night and they literally had a cop stand at the front door to make sure no body was riding away visibly intoxicated. Imagine local police having to preemptively come to your establishment each night.

All this to say, whenever a friend from Texas, AZ, etc. gets homesick I take them to Route 1.
Back in the 1940s, the state should have planned frontage roads along Rte 1 before all the businesses developed.

Back in the 1940s, the state should have planned frontage roads along Rte 1 before all the businesses developed.

The plan up until the 70s was to build a new I95 through Lynn Woods. If that highway was built then Route 1 would likely not be a 6 lane high speed highway. It's a stroad that leans more towards a road, but has dangerous turn offs for businesses.

You can still see remnants of the planned I95 on the Squire Road rotary in Revere and in the Rumney Marsh. There's still a ghost ramp standing which would have led to I95, and the highway was partially built through the marsh (but has since been reclaimed by nature). However it's clear in Google maps.

Route 1 is now the main highway to Boston for people on the north shore. However it never should have been, that should have been left to I95.

Back