Saugus' landmark Weylu's site

TheRifleman

Banned
Reaction score
I saw this article in Boston Business Journal.

Deal near for Saugus' landmark Weylu's site
For Sale: a replica in Saugus of China’s Forbidden City. Needs major rehab but could be the new home for a 60,000-square-foot restaurant or nightclub; zoning also allows for office, residential, retail and auto services. Asking price $10.75 million.

Weylu’s, the palatial restaurant atop a hill on the northbound side of Route 1 in Saugus that has been vacant for five years, is seeking a new owner. NAI Hunneman is marketing the 11-acre site that it describes as one of the most recognized pieces of real estate in Massachusetts and second to none in terms of visibility.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/print-edition/2012/05/18/deal-near-for-saugus-landmark-weylus.html

Might not be a bad place.........I'm not sure about this statement
"most recognized pieces of real estate in Massachusetts".

also the Asking price $10.75 million seems a bit expensive for a Route 1 location.

Does anybody else feel that Route 1 restaurants have really gone down the TUBES? Besides Kowloon

Might not be a bad place.........I'm not sure about this statement
"most recognized pieces of real estate in Massachusetts".

also the Asking price $10.75 million seems a bit expensive for a Route 1 location.

Does anybody else feel that Route 1 restaurants have really gone down the TUBES? Besides Kowloon

Riff -- I have't been to the Hilltop for many years -- that was my Rt-1 primary place

What happened to the comedy club that was going to set up there?

The wings at Angela's are 10 shades of deliciousness.

THIS.

Also, Prince Pizza went down a bit for a while, but it's back to being awesome lately.

This is interesting, because the Weylu's site was supposed to be the "Comedian Hall of Fame". Apparently that didn't go far. I think I made a thread about those plans.

This:

a replica in Saugus of China’s Forbidden City.

is hugely inaccurate. We might just as well say the Worcester line is a replica of the TGV.

Buffalo Wild Wings is pretty good, although I only went to the Danvers one I have to expect they are on par with each other. Also Kelly's, and now that the Boston Market in Stoneham closed that's the closest one for metrowest/north shore. Is Fudd's still there? Obviously the one in Jordan's Furniture would have taken some business but that place is really good, if overpriced.

Buffalo Wild Wings is pretty good, although I only went to the Danvers one I have to expect they are on par with each other. Also Kelly's, and now that the Boston Market in Stoneham closed that's the closest one for metrowest/north shore. Is Fudd's still there? Obviously the one in Jordan's Furniture would have taken some business but that place is really good, if overpriced.

Buffalo Wild Wings is godly. With so many sauces, how could they do wrong? It's the greatest chain in the nation. I was cutting way back on chains, too, and then this damn thing popped up. When do they open one in Boston?

Fuddruckers is still there, still overpriced, but still raking in on the lack of 'burger & shake' joints in the area.

Border Cafe is still making a killing, too, but my girlfriend and I abandoned the place because they changed the cheese they use on their burros. It's kind of nasty now.

What about Sake? I've never been, but I'm told that place is ancient.

Back