Seaport Circle Project | 701 Congress Street (Massport Parcel H) | Seaport

Its so awesome that Silver Line Way can finally be an actual station with some development around it. If I'm getting the rendering right - there is a staircase that goes down to the outbound platform from the buildings?

Secondly, what is the best new name for the station now that it really won't be Silver Line Way anymore? Maybe Seaport Circle

Was this the site where they originally proposed a giant indoor mall? What a bullet dodged.

Secondly, what is the best new name for the station now that it really won't be Silver Line Way anymore? Maybe Seaport Circle
I vote Harborside.

Also, “Seaport [anything]” is a surprisingly controversial naming convention with plenty of the old-timers in South Boston. We on this forum and the younger generations of Bostonians use the Seaport name freely, but plenty of others fiercely reject that name for the “South Boston Waterfront.” I don’t see the T wading into that fight with a station name.

Last edited:
I vote Harborside.

Also, “Seaport [anything]” is a surprisingly controversial naming convention with plenty of the old-timers in South Boston. We on this forum and the younger generations of Bostonians use the Seaport name freely, but plenty of others fiercely reject that name for the “South Boston Waterfront.” I don’t see the T wading into that fight with a station name.

I don't see why South Boston Waterfront can't have sub-districts of "The Fort Point Channel" and "Seaport." They are far enough away from South Boston proper. What are some other areas of South Boston? I can think of City Point and Carson Beach.............I'm sure there are others.

I vote Harborside.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would honestly miss how delightfully awful and tacky the original "Silverline Way" station name is. It's a relic that screams "placeholder" at the top of its lungs. Just for fun, I'd like to come up with some names that would actually be more awful...how about:
Power transformer substation B boulevard
Station serial number 0000132 avenue
Maintenance access alley #04721 pathway
The silver line stop on the silver line
Power mode transition stopover station A

I am 100% behind "Silver Line Stop" as a new name
It would be so great if they would not stop there and rename the Silver Line to something more fitting, like 'Shitty Bus Line' and then plan for a rapid transit line that is less of an embarrassment to the city.

I am 100% behind "Silver Line Stop" as a new name
Or maybe just "Station Stop". Imagine the marketing corolarries. 😅 I'm just having fun... They could fund the whole thing with T+shirts sold to conventioneers or people so tired after a red eye that they got off by mistake. It could be Harpoons next batch...

According to the Globe, "the value of the Lincoln team’s 99-year lease for the 2.5 acres is estimated to be $123 million."

Looks like Boston is or has run out of places to put buildings, so it has begun putting up real estate over sections of the Mass. Pike. :)

Back