Separate Crazy Pitches?

davem

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone feel we should spin off the major topics in the Crazy Transit Pitches thread into separate topics? I feel like everyone makes a ton of really great points, but a lot can get lost due to there being four or five conversations going on at once, plus the occasional new pitch which can get lost in the flow.

I was thinking making new ones for Riverbank, North-South, Green Line Conversion, and whatever else everyone can think of?

I assume I'm not the only one who feels slightly downtrodden when they make a point but it gets lost in the flow, or worse when you don't pay attention for 24 hours and there are five new pages and the conversation has drifted.

Thoughts?

I'd be fine with this, though I suppose it's more up to a mod than it is to me... :)

Not trying to be rude, but how about you make your own thread for what you feel merits its own topic? No moderator involvement necessary.

Not trying to be rude, but how about you make your own thread for what you feel merits its own topic? No moderator involvement necessary.

I'm not sure if this is directed towards me, but to answer the question: I dunno. On some other boards I read and post on, mods take a more active role than they do here, and might not want a bunch of new threads created when they feel one thread is sufficient for the discussions.

In any case, I like this idea. So, we have...

Crazy Transit Pitches: Riverbank Subway
Crazy Transit Pitches: North-South Rail Link
Crazy Transit Pitches: Green Line to HRT

I'd propose additionally:
Crazy Transit Pitches: North Shore
Crazy Transit Pitches: Expanded Green Line LRT Network
Crazy Transit Pitches: Regional Rail

They use a model on AlternateHistory.com wherein there's a thread devoted to maps, and then separate discussion threads for each map/scenario. Obviously, that makes less sense here, but maybe we keep the original thread, especially for system-wide proposals, and if the discussion spins off in one direction, we encourage people to go to the relevant discussion thread?

davem, I agree with you that it can be frustrating when there's so much discussion going on; lots of points get lost.

Hey guys,

Does anyone feel we should spin off the major topics in the Crazy Transit Pitches thread into separate topics?

Sure, we should break it up into three threads:

Crazy Transit Pitches

Crazier Transit Pitches, and.....

Craziest Transit Pitches!

Sure, we should break it up into three threads:

Crazy Transit Pitches

Crazier Transit Pitches, and.....

Craziest Transit Pitches!

But then where do the Batshit Insane Transit Pitches go?! I want to ride the Blue Line all the way to Portland, ME!

Where are the frickin' flying trolleys?!?! I want my Jetsons shit on the B line this instant!

But then where do the Batshit Insane Transit Pitches go?! I want to ride the Blue Line all the way to Portland, ME!

One time, for fun, I made a Google Map called "Super MBTA," that included such craziness as...

• Green Line to Franklin via Riverside, Framingham, Milford and Bellingham
  • Green Line to Auburndale via Boston College and Commonwealth Ave
  • Orange Line to Pawtucket-Providence-East Providence loop via Sharon, with branch diversion via Norwood, Walpole and Foxboro
  • Orange Line to Worcester via MassPike and B&A
  • Red Line to Waltham via Harvard and Watertown
  • Red Line to Fitchburg via Belmont, Waltham, Weston, Concord and West Action, with a branch diversion via Arlington, Lexington, Bedford, and Concord

Then I got bored and went on to do something actually productive. ;)

Where are the frickin' flying trolleys?!?! I want my Jetsons shit on the B line this instant!

Dear NASA,

Get your shit together and develop a stable wormhole generator already so that we can have trains that move faster than the speed of light and we don't need to worry about trivial things like ROWs anymore.

Thanks in advance,
CBS

Yeah I gotta agree here.. Lots of good stuff in that thread but then it gets bogged down several threads at a time.. I kinda skim over lots of stuff, and often look like a baffoon because I've skipped an important post I should have read before replying.

Maybe just separate it by mode.. Light Rail, Heavy Rail, Locomotive, Bus?

And O M G.. that site.. AlternativeHistory.com.. geez good thing its gonna snow on Sunday, I know what I am doing instead of watching the Super Bowl.

Back