Shameless plug: I am running for city council in Boston.

shiz02130

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am running for Boston City Council, At-Large. As you can imagine, I am a very pro-development candidate. If you have any advice for me, or particular development issues that you want me to raise in my campaign, please let me know.

My website is: RyanForBoston.com

Best,
shiz02130

I checkout out your website and i like what your saying. You have my vote.

Oh, come on people, give this guy some attention!

If proposing the demolition of the Fed is not enough to raise some interest, nothing is!

I read through your site... sounds good, but as somebody who's worked on these things in the past, let me give you some free advice:

I go to your website and I have to do work to find out about you. That's a problem.

I need to know your brand upfront, within the first fifteen seconds on your site. You can't expect people to click on links and actually read lengthy blocks of copy in order to figure out what you're all about. Voters are not smart.

Distill your brand into a simple statement and put it on the home page.

Look at how a one-term senator, with no relevant experience, no major legislation authored, no committee chairmanships, and no record of success at all to run on became the President of United States. Branding. Slogans. Etc.

Don't discount it, I'm convinced that it's really all that matters in politics.

Good luck - love your ideas!

PS - Your campaign video/interview is great, but don't make me watch 1:27 of some bumbling, stuttering show host say "um, ah... ah... ah..." before you appear! Cut that intro out please, when it hit 1:00 and you hadn't shown up yet I was frustrated and started skipping around the video. How'd that host ever get a TV gig????

(Hopefully I don't sound like a dick - I really like your ideas, and would love to see you get elected.)

Your on-air presence is terrific. You were very clear, concise, and well-paced. The host, on the other hand, could use some more practice! Best of luck!

Last edited:
Another Latin School man steps into the fray...

Good luck!

You and Doug Bennett are gonna have a hard time splitting the Gold Bug Vote.

They can vote for both of us, although I would prefer a bullet.

Oh come on! You and Doug could take down the fascist Federal Reserve together!

Suggestion to Mr Ryan: Don't let anyone use your name and Mr Bennett's in the same sentence or make any complementary comparisons. Not if you hope to be taken seriously.

Hey John,
Remember the day the Libertarian came into Keith Campaign headquarters to warn us about the Fascist's using their paper money to control us? Those were the good old days!

Um, I do, not sure why you do, only four people were there to see it. And, I think three of them are dead.

All I can say about Mr. Bennett is that we could not be more different - intellectually and philosophically.

Looking at your bio: It might be better for you to not mention all your anti-Fed activism, which might get you branded as fringe and isn't really relevant to a Boston city council seat.

You might also want to use euphemisms like "pro-development" (as you did here) instead of "free market economist", especially if you're running in a Democratic primary and also espousing pride in your union membership.

Do you have a communications director? You may need a consultant with a better eye than mine.

The UNITE HERE Local 26 affiliation coupled with the disparity of a Harvard education and a job slinging hot dogs at the ballpark can't help much either.

Back