Shameless self-promotion

JohnAKeith

Reaction score
Hello.

Merry Christmas.

I need to change my user name. I am no longer Jimbo Jones. Sad, that.

I need to be myself, because in January, I will begin writing a real estate blog for a big Boston company.

I will continue writing entries and comments (that I then delete, when I get sober) on the archboston.org forum (which I love) and look forward to all of your entries and comments.

My "job" (for lack of another term) will allow me the opportunity to express my (and others') points of views on development, real estate, preservation, NIMBYism, and the future of our city. Or, not. Maybe I'll just write it for a couple weeks until I lose interest.

I think my points of view on topics are shared by many people on this board. My hope is that we will get a larger sounding board / soap box from which to express ourselves in a more public forum.

I will not be working as a real estate agent, in the new year.

So, those of you who think I only support big condo developments because I may benefit, personally and financially, can suck on it.

Good luck with the new endeavor, John. It sounds interesting and I look forward to learning more about it.

If you want me to combine your old account with your new one just let me know. I'm pretty sure it's fairly easy to do.

And we should care why?

Kidding. Congratulations on the new job. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to reading more from you.

Cheers.

Im a bit confused, will you edit your opinion so that it does not interfere with your job?

briv, I will start fresh with a new name. My old one can be left to the annals of history.

My job is writing the blog, so there will be no editing. Just unexpurgated drivel straight from the pump.

I think people on the archboston forum will like that we have another way to express opinions we don't see too often in the press.

New version of the Boston Herald's "Getting Real" real estate blog will go live within the next 24-hours.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/news/getting_real/

All about Boston-area real estate, developments, developers, architecture and design, Boston politics, Boston business, condo and single-family home sales data, buying a home / selling a home tips, conversations on the pluses (few) and minuses (many) of having vocal, active, and powerful neighborhood organizations, and of having the Boston Redevelopment Authority.

Where to buy now, what to look out for if you're a buyer, how to deal with your lender and lawyer, home inspection issues, tips for negotiating the purchase or sale of a home. Mortgage loan rates and why they matter, analyzing the US and local economy, debunking wide-held beliefs.

And, if we're lucky, good, juicy gossip.

Written by Boston's first and best real estate blogger.

I think you will find a lot of support there of the ideas and suggestion you have been expressing here during the past several years. Feel free to send me a Private Message through this site or send an email to john@johnakeith.com. Or, just do what Ned Flaherty does, make photocopies of pages and pages of material and then leave them inside my locked front hallway door so that when I come down the stairs one morning, I get kind of freaked out and immediately reach for my shiv.

We spend so much time on this board talking about architecture, but you can't have architecture if a building isn't built, and that's why we spend so much time talking about design and location and size and politicians and developers and NIMBYs and business people and real estate agents.

If you have ideas for blog-entry topics, contact me. I will be happy to put something together using your ideas and point of view. Unless I am against it. Ha, ha. Ha?

I know you all miss Scotty's stories in the print edition of the Herald. I'll strive to soar to his level.

The blog stories will only be available online; not available in print, although we hope that I come up with some good stories that could be turned into articles and published in the daily paper.

What do you think?

All the best John! Congrats and good luck, I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Wow. So you will be in real-life competition with Scotty. Funny how things come around.

Hmm. Yeah. Seems almost too coincidental.

But, there have been many changes in the local media, lately:

Bailey from Globe to ... England?
Blanton from Globe to ... Narnia?
Van Voorhis from Herald to Globe (and Banker & Tradesman)
Palmer from Globe to blogging /consulting
Grillo from Banker & Tradesman to Herald
Keith from kitchen table to Herald

Good luck, and don't forget where you came from. Ha ha.

Personally, Jimbo Jones had much more of a ring to it.

Hmm. Yeah. Seems almost too coincidental.

But, there have been many changes in the local media, lately:

Bailey from Globe to ... England?
Blanton from Globe to ... Narnia?
Van Voorhis from Herald to Globe (and Banker & Tradesman)
Palmer from Globe to blogging /consulting
Grillo from Banker & Tradesman to Herald
Keith from kitchen table to Herald

Not that this has relevance to real estate by any means, but I was thinking the same basic thing with the sports writers a few weeks ago. Since September, Sean McAdam moved from the Providence Journal to the Boston Herald after 23 years with the ProJo, and Tony Massarotti moved from the Boston Herald to the Boston Globe after almost 20 years

Wouldn't it be nice to live in a day where people see Ned's name in a paper, and automatically turn off their brain, because they know it is nonsense?

Back