South Boston Infill and Small Developments

So thinking about it is there anywhere else in the US where this style of condos are going up everywhere? I cant think of any. So if thats the case, this will actually end up being celebrated in the future as a cool neighborhood with all of these funky different style condos filling up the whole neighborhood. Once it gets extremely dense with these condos its going to be its own unique little area unlike anywhere else architecturally.

So thinking about it is there anywhere else in the US where this style of condos are going up everywhere? I cant think of any. So if thats the case, this will actually end up being celebrated in the future as a cool neighborhood with all of these funky different style condos filling up the whole neighborhood. Once it gets extremely dense with these condos its going to be its own unique little area unlike anywhere else architecturally.

Some of them seem unique to me, but some others remind me of denser versions of the new stuff going up in Silicon Valley/Bay Area, and some of them you could find in any American city with a population over 70,000. It's a mix. There will definitely be some that are celebrated. Others will be glanced over. Just like always.

They remind me a lot of the kind of infill going up in Denver. When visiting recently I saw countless examples of this type of modern townhome/duplex/multi-unit development mixed in with older homes. The biggest difference is it is not quite as dense as this is. Part of me likes the increased density in Denver, the other part thinks they all look like randomized versions of the same thing.

Last edited:

Back