South Station Tower | South Station Air Rights | Downtown

xec

Reaction score
"Does the analysis indicate we should make this out of steel or concrete?"
"Yes"
That sounds like the dialogues I used to have with my dear departed mother as she got older:

She: Could you please bring me a soda?
Me: Do you want Coke or ginger ale?
She: Yes.

She also developed some interesting word usage, such as:

She (as I'm leaving her bedroom): Please turn off the door.

Patrick Winn

Reaction score
Change it to 500 feet and taller and the result is the same. There are 5 potential miracles that I can think of, but otherwise we might be stuck at 23 500'+ buildings for the next 10 years after SST is built.
1. Aquarium Garage Tower - LFG!!!
2. Copley Tower revival - LFG!!!
3. Developers get bold with Hurley Tower proposal, city goes for it, we get a new tallest downtown 700'-750' range - LFG!!!
4. 1 Bromfield back to residential, probably under the 709' but over 500.... LFG!!!
5. Somebody in Kendall notices the FAA map and says what the heck, the demand is there, let's eclipse 500... LFG!!!
Isn't there a 700 footer proposed for bulfinch triangle?

Reaction score
Hotel or residential ? Or like the st Regis seaport with no hotel ? Lol

king_vibe

Reaction score
MassPort is just talking about adding tracks....but will those projects necessarily have air rights components?

Brattle Loop

Reaction score
MassPort is just talking about adding tracks....but will those projects necessarily have air rights components?
I know they made provisions for future air rights development (i.e. South Station Tower) when they raised the platforms in the 80s. At the very least they could probably make similar provisions with a South Station expansion. (The same can go for the Widett Circle parcels MassDOT keeps eyeing for train storage, though I think some of those aren't exactly high-priority for decking.)

Reaction score
Are there any renders of this from the water? I decided that this will make a big impact relative to the MT’s