Stanhope Hotel | 39 Stanhope Street | Back Bay

First time this has had a high-quality render of the whole tower:

1680111594790.png

It's 295' to the top according to the elevations near the end of the link posted above. This is the page that shows it best if you zoom in further. I realize the measurement is on the old design but can assure you that they are the same height if you zoom way in and compare the roof-lines with the top of the page.

1680115563242.png

Last edited:
It's 295' to the top according to the elevations near the end of the link posted above. This is the page that shows it best if you zoom in further. I realize the measurement is on the old design but can assure you that they are the same height if you zoom way in and compare the roof-lines with the top of the page.

View attachment 35918

Also here's a new uninspiring render of the Back Bay Garage complex next door.

View attachment 35917
It's funny you say that because their rendering of the Back Bay Garage condo tower that they've rendered looks better than the official ones from the developer.

It's funny you say that because their rendering of the Back Bay Garage condo tower that they've rendered looks better than the official ones from the developer.

But it looks tiny, maybe 350' at best. None of that development is worthy of the parcel, neighborhood, and high spine expectations.

I love when they keep the old streetwall intact. In a city like Boston its extremely important to keep these “fabric of the city” buildings in tact while being able to still grow upwards. This creates a perfect win win situation.

Nice to see the first official indication that this will be a "CQ" (Club Quarters) hotel via branding at the entrance. A good indication that this one will be ready to go once approved!

I hope this isn't a CQ property. CQ has four hotels going into foreclosure - including the CQ downtown - after they stopped making loan payments back in...yikes...2020. If the city has learnt anything, it's to avoid companies likely to leave holes in the ground and evaporate into bankruptcy/merger.

This afternoon's online Globe:

In a Back Bay nook, a new hotel project moves forward again
Developers have filed updated plans for a 21-story hotel on Stanhope Street
By Catherine Carlock Globe Staff,Updated May 31, 2023, 28 minutes ago

(final 2 paragraphs were interesting):

".....A recent hospitality report for the Boston metro area from real estate firm Marcus & Millichap found that monthly visitations “are expected to remain elevated” though “the timeline for business travel recovery will extend into at least 2024.” Average hotel occupancy in the area, while still lagging prepandemic levels, has gained every year since 2020.

“By the end of 2023, hotel demand across Greater Boston will exceed 16 million room nights, the highest level in metro history,” the Marcus & Millichap report said."

Last edited:

Back