Start Building on the Boston Common!!

armpitsOFmight

Reaction score
What a waste of open space! We need to erect an 800' tower somewhere between that baseball field and the Pavilion.

The whole thing needs to be one massive superblock project. The Public Garden, too; eliminate Charles St. We can have parking on the entire first 5 levels, then 3 levels of shopping mall, then another 100 floors over that.

Might as well build an arcology while you're at it.

The whole thing needs to be one massive superblock project. The Public Garden, too; eliminate Charles St. We can have parking on the entire first 5 levels, then 3 levels of shopping mall, then another 100 floors over that.

No, keep Charles Street, but add twenty gerbil tubes.

Are your guys serious? Boston Commons is far from a waste of space, but definitely could use some attention. Possibly redone all together, this time done with attention to landscaping.

Common. Boston Common. There is only one.

Sorry. Pet peeve.

Are your guys serious? Boston Commons is far from a waste of space, but definitely could use some attention. Possibly redone all together, this time done with attention to landscaping.

I think this is sarcasm. Unless they can build a Le Cobusier structure, building on top of the park would be a travesty.

How about building a park over the park, with vines/fake leaves on the bottom of the next level so it's like your under a forest canopy. The second level will be completely flat, so it would vary from 30-50 feet above the Common with a hole in the middle for that hill I don't even know the name of. Another 30 feet above that would be another level, about half the size and centered. And finally, another 30 feet over that, half sized once more, the top level. Complete with a new frog pond high in the air with an epic view. Also, fountains/streams flowing down from level to level.

Do I actually want to see this? Hell no, the commons would probably suck then, and I can't think of a decent solution to lighting. But the size and scope and idea is impressive.

I seen a photo or two of the edges of the Common from way back and at the time the photos were taken there was no fence around it. Made me wonder if perhaps it only gained one sometime in the 20th century. My theory being that what people think is "historic" isn't necessarily so.

Sorry, common. I do however LOVE the parkign garage UNDER the common. Very practical and wise use of space. And the garage now is very nice. Clean, well lit, and doesn't smell at all.

Maybe the Seaport district can be transported to the Common in anticipation of rising water levels due to global warming. Also, a dozen merry-go-rounds should be installed a.s.a.p throughout the Common so there is plenty of entertainment.

I think an IKEA would be great right in the Common. an outdoor one, of course.

Sorry, common. I do however LOVE the parkign garage UNDER the common. Very practical and wise use of space. And the garage now is very nice. Clean, well lit, and doesn't smell at all.

See, now you are getting hang of this sarcasm thing!

What?

Oh...

Back