Steffian Bradley has gone out of business after 87 years

datadyne007

Staff member
Reaction score
87-year-old Boston architecture firm Steffian Bradley closes abruptly

Steffian Bradley Architects, an architecture firm founded in Boston in 1932, has abruptly closed its doors.

The company had 120 employees, of which 60 were located in Massachusetts, as of last August, according to the most recent Boston Business Journal research. It had 20 architects registered in Massachusetts and had $13.7 million in 2017 architectural billings at the time, the research shows.

“With deep regrets, SBA closed (its) doors yesterday,” wrote Bob Humenn, a health care architect and Steffian Bradley principal, in a LinkedIn post on Wednesday. “It was a wonderful professional firm to be a part of. I was there for 27 years and my partners started much earlier.”

It is not immediately clear what prompted the closure, whether the closure impacts all Steffian Bradley offices or just Boston or how many employees are impacted by the closure. The company had not notified the state of any large-scale layoffs as of April 5, according to the most recent Worker Adjustment and Retraining Act report.

FULL ARTICLE:
https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/...NUdQQ9W29ANPaPCVKag9JW4d27OfmivCM5Ck1p_bk0xLw

Has anyone heard any more details about what happened? Did all the branch offices close too? (except UK- I heard they were still open)

Back