Steinert Building | 162 Boylston St | Theater District

Probably the closest that we have in Boston as a concert venue is Jordan Hall at NEC, and it is three times the size of a likely Steinert Hall rennovation.

Jeff -- Jordan Hall is hardly dismissed as a 'Closest we come" -- it is a truly spectacular venue for the kind of music which is being called chamber or recital

even before its restoration Jordan Hall was an excellent venue -- I was at a Julian Bream recital and we were close enough to hear him singing/talking to himself

Jeff -- Jordan Hall is hardly dismissed as a 'Closest we come" -- it is a truly spectacular venue for the kind of music which is being called chamber or recital

even before its restoration Jordan Hall was an excellent venue -- I was at a Julian Bream recital and we were close enough to hear him singing/talking to himself

I was not dismissing Jordan Hall in any way. I am well aware that it is a world class concert venue.

I was merely commenting on the SIZE -- as in it is the closest in SIZE as a dedicated concert space in Boston, to Steinert Hall.

For everyone on here, Jordan Hall has hundreds of free concerts, recitals, chamber music etc, throughout the year (mostly during the academic year). The main hall itself has mostly performances by the student orchestras and also by various NEC faculty, while the many smaller halls have small recitals by masters and undergrad students.... usually less polished, but often good. At any rate, anything performed in Jordan Hall itself is worth seeing and the constant free concerts seem to be little known, even to locals... just FYI. Schedule is here.

Back