street performers in Faneuil Hall

choo

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I think this is pretty ridiculous and a horrible move by the city on many fronts.
Globe article

The street performers are terrible. It ain't a guy with a guitar, it's more like a circus. It's just horrible.

Solution to noise issue: designate the area as the "Menino Mime Zone".

Mimes! Yea!

Who doesn't love a good mime show?

The street performers are terrible. It ain't a guy with a guitar, it's more like a circus. It's just horrible.

I can't imagine what your perfect city would look like.

Maybe something out of Gattaca or Brave New World.

Circuses are good! We should have more of them (though without lions, tigers, elephants, and other such wild animals that get mistreated).

From a design buff's point of view, the Predock and Wright buildings that were set-pieces in Gattica served their purposes pretty well. Alas, in the future, there's apparently no room for good grit.

Could be worse -- you didn't reference Children of Men. Now that's a street-scene!

I'm not really surprised the empty bucket-drumming guys ruined it for everyone else. They are very loud, not very good, and very annoying.

But decibel meters would be sufficient to deal with that problem. No need to put up metal fencing or shoo away other less-loud performers.

Back