surrogate tower (completion date: 2017)

They were filming the Town again on the Comm Ave Mall today. It looked like a bike scene. Didn't get to see much though.

What's exciting about being inconvenienced everywhere I go?

Oooh! So now we know why you are so opposed to film company tax breaks. Just another NIMBY! Why don't you go hang out with your buddy Ned!

;)

I like when the TV show fringe (filmed in Toronto) shows aerial shots of Boston. I pause it to try and figure out when the shots were taken. Most seem to be from 2002ish.

Same thing with TNT's "Leverage." This season was set in Boston. Exterior aerials were shown but the show was actually filmed in Vancouver.

Poor vancouver, everything is filmed there, but nothing is set there...

How many American films have actually been set in Canadian cities? I can only think of "The Whole Nine Yards," which for some reason was half-set in Montreal.

^Canadian Bacon?

I enjoyed the Whole Nine Yards but never understood it being set in Montreal.

No, I'm not against film credits due to the inconvenience, I'm against them because, as of now, there's a $750 million unfunded liability on the books of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Tom Cruise (personally) just made $5 million off his latest movie, Wichita - money out of your pockets. Not tax refunds, state revenues.

But, that's not what I came here to say. I was being unnecessary grumpy when I wrote the "why should I be inconvenienced". Sry. Once I got to the beach here in Bermuda, everything suddenly seemed better. I'm against the credits, but I LOVE ME SOME KATE HUDSON!! GO BOSTON!

*The $676 million in new direct spending, as of the end of FY 2008, came at no cost to Massachusetts taxpayers. DOR reported that the state collected $3.6 million more in taxes than it paid out in credits during that three year period?because the law requires that filmmakers must first spend money in Massachusetts, and then pay taxes on that new spending, before they can receive or redeem any tax credits.
FYI

That probably also doesn't count the incidental tax revenue that comes from increased businesses frequented by film crews, either.

That total does not include future liabilities. I use information from the people at Mass INC and CommonWealth Unbound.

And, yes, it includes "incremental income".

Filming at fenway (I counted 10 cop cars, including staties)

IMG_2941.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2943.jpg

Back