Take it outside...

bolehboleh

Reaction score
I created this thread because I (and many others) are sick and tired of threads being hijacked by individuals who obviously have problems with each other. As you know, I rarely post here, but I've always come here to read about the latest issues related to architecture and construction in Boston. I'd hate to see this forum devolve into "Politics and Other Controversies" from City-Data.

Maybe I'm being naive, but when individuals are feuding over issues that have nothing to do with the thread (and the thread is being derailed because of it), the rest of us can tell them to "take it outside" and they can settle their differences here.

What do you think?

1.) Good idea;
2.) If your concept catches on, this could prove to be an extraordinarily entertaining thread.

A lot of people have been complaining about the quality of threads lately. I'm hoping this will help lead the forum in the right direction.

Honesty all we really need is to appoint some moderators and then let them use good judgement to ban the people causing constant dumpster fires.

Well part of it is up to us. If people are having a normal discussion about a topic and someone comes in with an agenda unrelated to the topic, we don't have to answer him/her. Hell, we don't even need to acknowledge their presence. Eventually the trolls will die of starvation.

I see my idea failed as nobody is bringing their petty arguments here.

On the other hand, the board ha been a bit more civil over the last few days.

One thing we can't forget is that this is a board. If we're having a good discussion and someone tries to derail it with inane and uninformed bullshit, can simply scroll past their comments and continue the discussion.

^Whigh has taken a vacation or something and it seems Rifle has done a better job of restricting his political rants to the politics thread. Credit where credit is due.

Back