TD Banknorth Garden Big Screen Rejected

If you don't like advertisements, the USSR wants you! Down with capitalism!

So JJ made a comment that he doesn't care for the Budweiser ad, and you labeled him as a communist. Fox News wants you!

Yes that's why the same type of display denied for WGBH on the turnpike and why Emerson wasn't allowed to install a neon marque at the Majestic theater.

Do people on this forum actually get out. If you are that unhappy move.

As far as Times Square I avoid it like the plague unless I'm taking people on tour. You can't move, even the companies in the office buildings are concerned about this problem.

Okay, so you just proved my point! The display for WGBH "IS" on the turnpike. Have there been a plethora of car accidents on the pike because it served as a distraction to drivers? No there hasn't. So how is it that the display on the Garden is such a concern? It's just a bunch of rationalizations to keep yuppies happy who complain and bicker about any little thing being proposed to their neighborhood. And yes Emerson has two marquees in the majestic theatre, Whoopty Doo! I saw the signs and they're not all that spectacular. And please don't think that moving out of Boston hasn't crossed my mind. Boston is a historical and family oriented city. Which is not a bad thing, but for someone who is 22 years old, it doesn't appease young people like myself who want to enjoy life, party and have fun. And not even the wild type who causes raucus, drink irresponsibly or get into trouble. But I feel that when I do go out to have fun, by the time the party really gets started and I'm having a good time, within a split second (so it seems) it's 2 am and the city of Boston is shut down. Boooooooooooooooooooring! And they build buildings, do renovations and whatever else they want in my neighborhood and have never asked permission. It seems Boston only cares about the wealthy.

New York only cares about the wealthy, too. In fact, most city governments tend, unsurprisingly, to cater to their largest campaign donation and tax base.

The difference is that the wealthy in New York like to have fun.

Back