TD Gahhhden expansion

They could be negotiating with New Balance on their rink and using this article as leverage saying we don't need your rink that bad, we can build our own.

It would not make any sense to devote that much space in prime real estate to a practice rink, unless you were also going to host a minor league hockey/bball team in a small arena.

I agree with Racer. This is all a negotiating ploy.

Whether it is a bluff or not, I like the idea of a small theater a la the Madison Square Garden Theater. We could use one more entertainment venue in town (especially that part of town) in the 3,000-5,000 capacity range for concerts/shows etc.

Hmm, I thought they're working on a deal for New Balance's new arena.
I suppose one should keep all options open...
Like Agganis Arena? Why can't they rent out that space when the Terriers aren't playing?

Like Agganis Arena? Why can't they rent out that space when the Terriers aren't playing?

No offense, but an organization like the Boston Bruins would not want to rent someone else's space. They want their own facility so they don't have to work around anyone else's schedule...similar to the agreement they have in Wilmo.

^ Fair point about the Bruins, but not all pro teams are like that. Look at the Celtics...

Who owns that parking lot behind the garden? Build it there above the parking lot, leaving enough room below in case they need to add extra tracks to North Station.

I thought Celtics practice at Healthpoint in Waltham. Pretty sure have seen their special parking area there.

Celtics practice at Brandeis. Pats used to work out at Bryant in Smithfield, RI.

I actually was referring to the Garden itself. Do the Celtics not rent use of the space from the Bruins?

Who owns that parking lot behind the garden? Build it there above the parking lot, leaving enough room below in case they need to add extra tracks to North Station.

MGH. That's their primary employee lot. Maybe it can part of some sprawling deal between the state and Partners when they negotiate over the fate of the old Spaulding building. There's going to be a lot of wheeling and dealing with these parcels.

I thought Celtics practice at Healthpoint in Waltham. Pretty sure have seen their special parking area there.

They do.

Back