The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

Dz, all due respect, but you do your best work with boots on the ground in Boston, rather than from the hills of Woburn, Arlington, etc.

1. Thank you for appreciating a subset of my contributions here. You have also added many good pictures lately.
2. It isn't always easy to get into the city during daylight hours, especially particular areas of it.
3. The city is clearly superior to its skyline, so it makes sense that being within it will often read better than the views from the suburbs.
4. Even if my "boots on the ground" pictures are superior to my skyline shots, the specifics of my camera (mainly 30x optical) give me a comparative advantage over most of the other posters for the further out skyline pictures. I don't have that same advantage within the downtown areas. So I will continue to deliver what's typically the largest, clearest shots from locations outside of the city, even if my other pictures are better overall.

1. Thank you for appreciating a subset of my contributions here. You have also added many good pictures lately.
2. It isn't always easy to get into the city during daylight hours, especially particular areas of it.
3. The city is clearly superior to its skyline, so it makes sense that being within it will often read better than the views from the suburbs.
4. Even if my "boots on the ground" pictures are superior to my skyline shots, the specifics of my camera (mainly 30x optical) give me a comparative advantage over most of the other posters for the further out skyline pictures. I don't have that same advantage within the downtown areas. So I will continue to deliver what's typically the largest, clearest shots from locations outside of the city, even if my other pictures are better overall.

Sharing praise for 'best' doesn't mean other subsets aren't also appreciated.
Many of the zoom shots, especially from practical/accessible vantage points, are quite cool.
More like...if you happen to notice Boston was visible as a blip on the horizon from Chelmsford, that might not be among the best ; )
Always grateful for the photo posts from you and many on this board

Last edited:
^^ The Alcott looks pretty cool standing out from the much larger One Boston Place behind.

This angle/telephoto lens makes these towers look so much more dominating than they really are.

In real life of course there are 15-20 taller buildings out of frame to the right, and then even taller ones beyond those. The only way to make these dominate is to crop the vista.

9/27

IMG_4336 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4337 by David Z, on Flickr

In real life of course there are 15-20 taller buildings out of frame to the right, and then even taller ones beyond those. The only way to make these dominate is to crop the vista.

9/27

IMG_4336 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_4337 by David Z, on Flickr
Hmmm...any plans for that parking lot on Merrimac St, ripe for development? While on the edge of the Bulfinch Triangle, why not a nice medium tower there?

Hmmm...any plans for that parking lot on Merrimac St, ripe for development? While on the edge of the Bulfinch Triangle, why not a nice medium tower there?
No but there are plans being currently being bid out at the triangular site at Causeway and N Washington...not filed yet with BPDA so likely years out but it's ~40 stories

Landscaping is coming along nicely…and new path to North Station will open next week.
2AFC2C56-F795-426F-9EA6-BA7AB470E161.jpeg
DE7C3A23-AF0F-4E59-8522-B02FB5BAF746.jpeg

Back