The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

It's hurricane of beatniks, Marxists and white guilt. Ironically virtue signalling by admonishing your virtue signalling.
100% ... and basically what I was getting at - Redfern has done something awesome, that 99+% of people in the world can't pull off, and the name/narrative has become a victim of the political correctness death spiral

You can’t make anyone happy these days. Mother Teresa, Gandhi and Nelson Mandela would be ripped to shreds in today’s messed up world.

Thank you for the support everyone. I really appreciate it. Blew Reddit off my phone. Was thinking about it when I read comments trashing those boys that spoke about the soccer club so easy decision. It’s not healthy. Will keep you posted on the name. ~ C

The Tower at 201 Federal.

If we're lucky, this will be Portland's 3rd tallest building by 2030. With the pent up demand and likely change in zoning, The Tower at 201 Federal will serve as the precedent for what's to come.

Renaming it and all the criticism is stupid.

If that were really an issue - we'd have to rename a ton of rivers, mountains, islands, locations.

Are we supposed to completely erase the history of the past in order to be virtuously guilt free? NGL this is effing STUPID.

Catherine, were the two AUCOCISCO signs for the roof already being fabricated or were you able to alter (new name) or temporarily postpone just in time?

Last edited:
My inability to spell and pronounce the former name properly on a consistent basis is the main reason it's being changed! :)

Last edited:
Catherine, were the two AUCOCISCO signs for the roof already being fabricated or were you able to alter (new name) or temporarily postpone just in time?
They were fabricated and scheduled for install. Can’t decide if we should try to salvage with “The Casco” because we can use same branding. Had it done. Looks good. It’s still in the spirit of Aucocisco meaning its homage to the physical place rather than a person or the history. Or just bail and re-brand entirely. ~ C

They were fabricated and scheduled for install. Can’t decide if we should try to salvage with “The Casco” because we can use same branding. Had it done. Looks good. It’s still in the spirit of Aucocisco meaning its homage to the physical place rather than a person or the history. Or just bail and re-brand entirely. ~ C
What an elegant pivot and pleasant solution — The Casco —

"The Casco" would work well historically since it was Portland's second name back in 1632 and the building also affords the best views of Casco Bay. Just a heads up, there is a "Casco Terrace" apartment building on State Street that was built in 2004 which should not be an issue as far as name confusion.

Last edited:
I'm not happy at the way it came about.....but I am admittedly happy that the new building will be a name that I (and others) can pronounce. That might sound very "white boy" of me....but sometimes I feel that we unnecessarily complicate things even though we had the best intentions.

Casco Tower. I don't know what to tell you other than I like having the word "Tower" in the name of a city's tallest building.
Maybe if there was not a Back Bay Tower and a Franklin Towers I could get onboard with your idea. (y)

Last edited:

Back