The Casco | 201 Federal Street | Portland

Guys: Looking for feedback on the name again. Gut reactions on:

The Casco
Lorelei
Azimuth

~ C
Casco Tower. Though I think there is a better name out there still. Azimuth and Lorelei are too obscure and people will have no clue how these names would relate to the building (because they don't).

Don't be like a film studio that is about to debut a great movie and is unsure of it. You have a great building. The name almost doesn't matter. The YIMBY Tower works for me.

My vote would be "The Paramount" or "Paramount" - Due to it's prominence & importance as an addition to Portland.
But of those on the list, "The Casco" or "Casco"

I guess you could always go with:
  • Dirigo
  • Resurgam
  • The Casco
  • The Cumberland
  • The Phoenix
  • Redfern Heights
  • The NIMBY
Notable Portland Names to Consider:
Wadworth-Longfellow, Percival Baxter, John Calvin Stevens, Thaddeus Clark, Charles Alexander, Francis Fassett, Alexander Parris, Henry Rowe, George Harding, John Neal, Samuel de Champlain, Sir Ferdinando Gorges, Reuben Ruby, Christopher Levett,

A mild and busy Saturday night in Portland! In town for UMaine hockey and took a few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_4819.jpeg
    IMG_4819.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4820.jpeg
    IMG_4820.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4821.jpeg
    IMG_4821.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
Catherine, now that you are using less letters for the name, will the height of CASCO letters be a little larger on the roof for better visibility from the interstate and waterfront? Will the signage be on the SIDE of the mechanical penthouse or positioned on TOP of the penthouse? The reason I ask is due to the 4 foot brick extensions that may mask the lower portion of the sign from certain elevations.

Looks good. Is another tour still on the table for sometime in January for those of us who couldn't make the last one? Also- any updates on the pocket park design?

Catherine, now that you are using less letters for the name, will the height of CASCO letters be a little larger on the roof for better visibility from the interstate and waterfront? Will the signage be on the SIDE of the mechanical penthouse or positioned on TOP of the penthouse? The reason I ask is due to the 4 foot brick extensions that may mask the lower portion of the sign from certain elevations.
We are using the letters that were already manufactured and the intent is to install them high on that mechanical penthouse wall. Just got off the phone with the sign guy and he thinks this is will work - event the sideways "the" ~ C

Looks good. Is another tour still on the table for sometime in January for those of us who couldn't make the last one? Also- any updates on the pocket park design?
We can do another tour but need to do it in February as Landry French is pushing really hard right now....Pocket park is coming along. I think we have a final plan - just waiting on the photometrics. It won't be actually built until late spring/early summer. ~ C

Here is a lead on a possible grocery/Food tenant. They specialize in downtown urban grocery and they buy from New England Vendors. If you give them a good deal, they might come up from Boston and open shop...they operate in southie
617-427-1195

Back