The Future of Downtown Boston - Guest Speaker Ron Drucker

AdamBC

Reaction score
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT LECTURE SERIES

The Future of Downtown Boston

Mr. Drucker has for many years been a leader of responsible development for Downtown Boston. He is an acknowledged expert on all aspects of retail, condominium, office and hotel business in all parts of Greater Boston especially in the high-end area. His view of the outlook for the next few years should be riveting.

Ronald M. Druker, president of The Druker Company, Ltd., has been involved in a variety of development activities since 1968. His firm has developed mixed-use projects such as The Heritage On The Garden, facing Boston?s Public Garden, as well as suburban shopping centers, regional malls, urban and suburban office buildings, residential developments, and hotels. Recognized for his diversity in project types, Druker?s developments have also received awards from Boston?s Preservation Alliance. Mr. Druker is an active member of the Downtown Crossing Association, which he helped found in Boston?s retail district, the Boylston Street Zoning Committee, and PruPac, the citizen?s review group overseeing the redevelopment of the Prudential Center. Currently, he is chairman of the Artery Business Design Review Committee that will determine what will be designed and developed over the twenty-seven acres resulting from the depression of the Central Artery, and he is also a member of ABC?s executive committee. From 1981 to 1984, he was director for the New England states for the International Council of Shopping Centers. He completed his undergraduate studies at Franklin & Marshall College and his graduate studies at Columbia University Graduate School of Business. He was also a Loeb Fellow at the Harvard University Graduate School of Design.

Thursday, March 31, 2011, 4:30pm Fulton 423

The Real Estate Development Lecture Series is sponsored by the Business Law Department of the Carroll School of Management.

I'm assuming they won't let you in carrying a bag of rotten fruit?

Last edited:
I'm surprised he hasn't taken the current opportunity to become chief of the BRA. Declaring himself official King of development would only further cement the political fiefdom he's run for decades now.

The "responsible" development line really irks me. Anyone that uses political favors to murder landmarks is not a "responsible" leader in development.

There is a lot I dislike about slum dog Druker but I went to a presentation he gave a few years ago and learned a lot, I may almost dislike him just a little less.

^^ Druker's an intelligent guy, which is why his "behavior" in regard to Boston's built environment is so chilling. Prior to the first SCL meeting I attended in '08, I listen to Druker talk about Louis Sullivan's Chicago with one of Cesar Pelli's flunkies -- the little guy knows his stuff. He's like a low-rent Bond-villain.

Back