The Hotel Thread

dshoost88

Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to sharing news, images, and information related to hotels in Greater Boston.

I searched the archives and did not find such a thread dedicated to the topic. This recent photo shared by DZH22 on the Seaport Infill thread inspired me:

IMG_4430 by David Z, on Flickr

The Omni & Marine Wharf Hotels under construction in the above photo will add nearly 1,500 rooms. Along with Parcel K's Hyatt Place that will add 294 rooms, that's means these three hotels alone at double occupancy and 80% full could host another 1,000,000 visitors annually to the city. That's huge!

One Kenmore Square
110 Arlington
150 Kneeland Street
1241 Boylston Hotel (Fenway)
Arsenal Yards Hampton Inn
Cambria (6 W Broadway)
Citizen M
Congress Square/Quaker Lane
Courtyard By Marriott South Boston
Encore Boston Harbor
Four Seasons at One Dalton
Haymarket Square Hotel (Parcel 9)
Hilton Garden Inn - Brookline Village
Hyatt Centric Faneuil Hall
Lafayette Square Hotel (Central Square, Cambridge)
Langham Hotel
Marine Wharf Hampton Inn & Homewood Suites
Moxy
Newbury Street (?)
Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport
Raffles (40 Trinity Place)
Springhill Suites by Marriott at Revere Beach
Taj Hotel Renovation
The Whitney Hotel (Old John Jeffries)

There's a lot of exciting new hotel development throughout the city, and it's getting harder to keep track. Please share hotel news here. I'll try to update the first post with links to existing threads to specific hotel projects.

Last edited:
Don't forget the Taj renovation on Newbury St.

150 Kneeland, Broadway, and the Charles St expansion of old john Jeffries.

Haymarket hotel on Parcel 9, Greenway; Hilton Garden Inn, Brookline Village

Any updates on the Lafayette Square Hotel/Toscanini's in Cambridge?

This thread is dedicated to sharing news, images, and information related to hotels in Greater Boston.

I searched the archives and did not find such a thread dedicated to the topic. This recent photo shared by DZH22 on the Seaport Infill thread inspired me:

IMG_4430 by David Z, on Flickr

The Omni & Marine Wharf Hotels under construction in the above photo will add nearly 1,500 rooms. Along with Parcel K's Hyatt Place that will add 294 rooms, that's means these three hotels alone at double occupancy and 80% full could host another 1,000,000 visitors annually to the city. That's huge!

One Kenmore Square
Moxy
Citizen M
Cambria (6 W Broadway)
Newbury Street (?)
Encore Boston Harbor
Four Seasons at One Dalton
110 Arlington
Raffles (40 Trinity Place)
Taj Hotel Renovation
150 Kneeland Street
The Whitney Hotel (Old John Jeffries)

There's a lot of exciting new hotel development throughout the city, and it's getting harder to keep track. Please share hotel news here. I'll try to update the first post with links to existing threads to specific hotel projects.

Also the Langham renovation!

http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=5729

http://www.langhamhotels.com/en/the...or-the-langham-boston-beginning-april-1-2019/
My son is an HTM major in the Isenberg School of Mgt at UMass Amherst - - very exciting times in Boston!

Last edited:
Callahan Breaks Ground on New Revere Hotel

Callahan-Revere.jpg

Quotes from article:
"citizenM is also planning a second Boston location by 2022"
"Hilton said it plans to open its micro hotel brand, called Motto, in Boston as well"

The Verb is adding mobile homes in the back of the hotel along Van Ness St. Hopefully we can get a render...Sounds cool.

https://www.universalhub.com/2019/fenway-hotel-add-faux-mobile-homes

This is great to hear. The Verb is a great, unique place in Boston that caters to residents as much if not more than it does to people staying in the hotel. I've been worried that since it's so low-rise that it would inevitably be re-deevloped, but hopefully this is a sign that it won't happen any time soon. It interacts really well with Boylston Street despite it's auto-centric origins.

Back