The Robinson | 656 Ocean Ave | Revere

Reaction score
And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson~ Koo-koo-ka-choo, Mrs. Robinson

Who the fuck comes up with the names for these buildings sometimes.

Looks good

therobinson_revere_PostRoadresidential_1.jpg

therobinson_revere_PostRoadresidential_2.jpg

therobinson_revere_PostRoadresidential_3.jpg

Unfortunately the ground level is a lobby, gym windows, and loading garages... But at least its still activated. Would have liked to see at least 1 restaurant or retail spot, but overall looks like a solid project.

And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson~ Koo-koo-ka-choo, Mrs. Robinson

First thing that popped into my mind was: “There’s a place on Ocean Avenue, where I used to sit and talk with you”

Looks good

therobinson_revere_PostRoadresidential_1.jpg

therobinson_revere_PostRoadresidential_2.jpg

therobinson_revere_PostRoadresidential_3.jpg

Unfortunately the ground level is a lobby, gym windows, and loading garages... But at least its still activated. Would have liked to see at least 1 restaurant or retail spot, but overall looks like a solid project.
The lack of ground-floor retail is what's inhibiting Revere from becoming a vibrant attraction on the beach. But I think the community and developers want to keep it from being an attraction

Looks great. The negative Nancy in my says that grey brick is going to come out more of a wet sidewalk color and those white panels will be gleaming white like an ol' Styrofoam cooler. Love the street-level retail. Would we fantastic to have a beach front dining scene there.

Looks great. The negative Nancy in my says that grey brick is going to come out more of a wet sidewalk color and those white panels will be gleaming white like an ol' Styrofoam cooler. Love the street-level retail. Would we fantastic to have a beach front dining scene there.
Totally agree here about the disappointing streetwall. The winter wind is pretty brutal here, so it's not a great year-round boardwalk. I hope Revere looks ahead and enables a full cadre of food trucks and pop-up shops along the beach.

Revere Beach was a major attraction until the 1970's.
The longstanding NIMBYism of Revere Beach has precluded Revere Beach from being a Nantasket or Hampton Beach with access to the city/public transport. I would think retail on Revere Beach would be really beneficial for the locals moving into these new developments (assuming they are younger) and tourism.

The longstanding NIMBYism of Revere Beach has precluded Revere Beach from being a Nantasket or Hampton Beach with access to the city/public transport. I would think retail on Revere Beach would be really beneficial for the locals moving into these new developments (assuming they are younger) and tourism.

How do people feel about the general planning and development of Revere Beach compared to Nantasket? I'm on the local Hull Facebook discussion page, and there is a TON of NIMBYism concerning condo development, retail, pot stores, etc. There was a really cool retail arcade at Nantasket that had been totally renovated a few years ago into something similar to the Lawn on D in the Seaport: https://www.paragonboardwalk.com/ (Food trucks, beer garden, outdoor games, etc.) However, COVID seems to have killed it and the owners want to build condos. The town has gone ballistic about the change.

I'm not sure where this stands right now. Town Meeting was voting on some Zoning changes on May 22nd. Last Planning Board meeting that I found online was back in April. So far, this development hasn't been approved as far as I know.

Longstanding NIMBYism - - - to preserve the tattoo parlors and biker bars???????? I agree with you that there has been NIMBYism there, but it has been a very funny type of NIMBYism.

The Revere FB groups are a raging dumpster fire of complaints about traffic and school capacity and affordability. All valid concerns but rarely do they go beyond ME ME ME, what about ME?!?!?! Did I mention traffic? It’s mostly about traffic when ‘discussing’ development. You’d think these people believe they moved to Vermont and a new traffic light or road improvements are changing the small town character they bought into. Ummmm, hello? None of these new buildings are perfect, and I wish there was more first floor restaurant or retail space, but as a Beachmont resident I’m thrilled that things are moving in the right direction, finally.
To the Revere residents - they are not being cognizant of being a mere few miles out of Downtown Boston, and Boston being a rapidly expanding metro area. I mean they're NIMBYism is a very funny kind and 2. Isn't very valid for being so close to the city 3. the anti-retail NIMBYism is really a half-winded type when the dense, young-professional-appealing development is coming minus the first floor retail.

On a side note, I can see these buildings attracting more of a lifestyle than a community. The lifestyle I see in dense, parking-oriented buildings with no retail is a car based, suburban-like lifestyle for the young professionals or 30-somethings without kids. You drive for what you need, the neighborhood community is non-existent. I see this succeeding, but not conducive to all.

Anyone know occupancy rates of these new-build apartments?

Especially post-Covid, I could see some serious interest in beachfront properties for those with newfound flex-schedules.

Back