The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

9.19.20 - Tonight was 👍
C14C6859-C2C1-4B9D-9B35-957B68970E5A.jpeg

3BC4EA38-570F-4151-AEB1-0A674EB8EB8B.jpeg

This tower has class. It's stately and has a timeless, classic look. A great achievement.

Agree 100%. This is a design that Im sure will age very well and not look outdated or weird in 10 years. This cladding is not anything particularly high quality materials wise, its just designed very well. Other developers take note.

^What does that last render show? Looks a bit cavernous or claustrophobic, not a great place for trees and outdoor seating.

The courtyard of the "boutique office" across the street.

If you look at the second render down, its looking back at res tower #2 from next to the smallest glass building.

-Here I zoomed in. Go straight up the diagonal walkway, from there looking back at res tower #2 between the 2 glass lowrises. Its showing a glimpse of the courtyard that will exist between all 3 lowrises.

*A pedestrian courtyard/walkway that just so happens to line up with Canal st.

- - Which hopefully gets the ball rolling on pedestrianizing canal.

Last edited:
i'm really not on board with keeping the semi-glorified times new roman "state street" signage on the new building. it was fine (or at least not glaringly incongruous) on one lincoln street, but it's so not in-step with the daring, sexy aesthetic of one congress. it's like putting knock-off wire wheels and fat whitewall tires on a bugatti chiron.

They've listed a couple of units, some two bedrooms between 3.6 and 5.25 and a 4 bedroom at 6.3.

They are flexible with listings and showings. There are only five floor plans, with each unit type on each of the 11 floors.

Marketing video for condo units with some animations of completed buildout, amenities, views, etc.

They've listed a couple of units, some two bedrooms between 3.6 and 5.25 and a 4 bedroom at 6.3.

The full build cluster is beautiful, and the views are spectacular. I'm really going to enjoy dining or drinking in some of the restaurant/lounges they showcase.

I'm hoping the design for the second residential tower isn't final yet. As rendered the materials and palette seem way too similar to the Sudbury.

I'm hoping the design for the second residential tower isn't final yet. As rendered the materials and palette seem way too similar to the Sudbury.

When I visited the team's offices, it appeared that there could be some minor tweaking to the apartment tower's final design, but not too much (purposive).

On another note, thankfully the building's height will terminate at the Sudbury's transition from apartments to condos, ~2.5 real floors above the second outdoor amenity deck.

I'm really going to enjoy dining or drinking in some of the restaurant/lounges they showcase.

Isn't everything depicted in the video amenities for residents and not open to the public?

If you instead mean that you're moving in, congrats and consider me jealous!

Back