There is a problem with posting.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
To the Moderators;

Why is it as of late, that I've been getting this notice that says; "We've run into a problem." Then when I enter the post, it comes up TWICE! Is there a problem with the forum or something? :unsure:

This is still happening! Seems that nothing is being done about it! :eek:

I have made the mistake of hitting the wrong button a few times and receiving that message.
Double check that you are clicking Post Reply when posting a new message and clicking Save when it Edit mode.

Edit - I just saw there is a Site Issue thread so you're not the only one having the prob

Last edited:
To the Moderators;

Why is it as of late, that I've been getting this notice that says; "We've run into a problem." Then when I enter the post, it comes up TWICE! Is there a problem with the forum or something? :unsure:
Yeah, a lot of us are seeing this error. I've found that the initial effort to post is actually going through, despite the error message. Needless to say, this isn't a good thing, because it's clear there is some sort of corruption or incorrect setting in the forum software. I think that it started for me after my most recent Chrome update, so perhaps it is connected to that. It would be good to get a list of how many are having the problem, and what OS and browser we are each using.

For me: Windows 10 Pro v1909, Chrome Version 116.0.5845.141

For me, it's Windows 7 with Microsoft Edge. Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7. :(

Having the same problem on an iphone with safari. You click post and it says error and that it didnt post, but it actually does post. This made me double post a few times because it doesnt throw the error the second time, then I figured out what was going on.

I haven't been seeing posting issues since I resetted cookies and cache early last week when the issues started, although it feels like the issues might start cropping up soon-ish. Posting feels somewhat choppy-ish.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Google Chrome 115, iOS 16.61 Safari

Last edited:
Seems that this thread is being ignored. A moderator or admin hasn't answered it yet. :unsure:

Last edited:
posting works but I get errors that make it seem like it doesnt work

posting works but I get errors that make it seem like it doesnt work

I found out that if you wait a few seconds after you post when that warning comes up, you'll see that your post was posted. Click on that, & your post will show up without being posted twice. Do not under any circumstances press the Post Reply button a 2nd time. :)

Issue seems to still be present. Posting is still choppy, or the phantom error message still shows up.

@SkyriseCities

Looks like most of us, if not everyone, are getting a false alarm "something went wrong" error message when we hit "post reply" or (at least in my case) send a private message. If you dismiss the message and refresh the page, your message in fact has been posted. The error message says to check the console log -- this is what I got the most recent time in mine:

PHP: <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Declaration of XF\Service\Conversation\Pusher::setInitialProperties(XF\Entity\ConversationMessage $message, $actionType, XF\Entity\User $sender) must be compatible with XF\Service\PusherTrait::setInitialProperties(...$properties) in <b>/home/utadmin/public_html/archboston/community/src/XF/Service/Conversation/Pusher.php</b> on line <b>30</b><br /> defaultAjaxError @ core-compiled.js?_v=6b7854e4:45

@SkyriseCities

Looks like most of us, if not everyone, are getting a false alarm "something went wrong" error message when we hit "post reply" or (at least in my case) send a private message. If you dismiss the message and refresh the page, your message in fact has been posted. The error message says to check the console log -- this is what I got the most recent time in mine:

PHP: <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Declaration of XF\Service\Conversation\Pusher::setInitialProperties(XF\Entity\ConversationMessage $message, $actionType, XF\Entity\User $sender) must be compatible with XF\Service\PusherTrait::setInitialProperties(...$properties) in <b>/home/utadmin/public_html/archboston/community/src/XF/Service/Conversation/Pusher.php</b> on line <b>30</b><br /> defaultAjaxError @ core-compiled.js?_v=6b7854e4:45

Looks like a link to a spambot site, which I think sounds or looks like a link for hackers to get in & hack your account!! :eek:

For what it's worth, the issue seems to have been resolved, at least for me.

Stopped for me, but started back up again. Why isn't anyone trying to do something about this, or even reading this?

Back